Ham and Leek QuicheKhanh Ong
- 6 sheets of frozen filo pastry
- EVOO spray
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 75g shaved ham chopped
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup pure cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 spring onions cut on the diagonal
- Place 1 sheet of filo on a flat surface and spray with oil, top with another sheet and repeat with another sheet to make a stack of .Repeat with the other 3 sheets to make another stack.
- Place stack in a one half of a lined tart tin 24cm and then another stack on the other half of the tin.
- Add EVOO in a hot pan and cook leek for 3 minutes until softened, add ham and mustard for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into the tart tin and spread evenly
- Mix eggs, cream and parmesan in a jug.
- Pour the mixture over the quiche filling and pop into an oven at 180C for 10-15 minutes until almost cooked.
- Scatter spring onions over the quiche and pop back in the oven for 8-12 minutes then serve
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...