Ham and Leek QuicheKhanh Ong
- 6 sheets of frozen filo pastry
- EVOO spray
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 75g shaved ham chopped
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup pure cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 spring onions cut on the diagonal
- Place 1 sheet of filo on a flat surface and spray with oil, top with another sheet and repeat with another sheet to make a stack of .Repeat with the other 3 sheets to make another stack.
- Place stack in a one half of a lined tart tin 24cm and then another stack on the other half of the tin.
- Add EVOO in a hot pan and cook leek for 3 minutes until softened, add ham and mustard for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into the tart tin and spread evenly
- Mix eggs, cream and parmesan in a jug.
- Pour the mixture over the quiche filling and pop into an oven at 180C for 10-15 minutes until almost cooked.
- Scatter spring onions over the quiche and pop back in the oven for 8-12 minutes then serve
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...