Ham and Leek QuicheKhanh Ong
- 6 sheets of frozen filo pastry
- EVOO spray
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 75g shaved ham chopped
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup pure cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 spring onions cut on the diagonal
- Place 1 sheet of filo on a flat surface and spray with oil, top with another sheet and repeat with another sheet to make a stack of .Repeat with the other 3 sheets to make another stack.
- Place stack in a one half of a lined tart tin 24cm and then another stack on the other half of the tin.
- Add EVOO in a hot pan and cook leek for 3 minutes until softened, add ham and mustard for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into the tart tin and spread evenly
- Mix eggs, cream and parmesan in a jug.
- Pour the mixture over the quiche filling and pop into an oven at 180C for 10-15 minutes until almost cooked.
- Scatter spring onions over the quiche and pop back in the oven for 8-12 minutes then serve
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...