Ham and Leek QuicheKhanh Ong
- 6 sheets of frozen filo pastry
- EVOO spray
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 75g shaved ham chopped
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup pure cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 spring onions cut on the diagonal
- Place 1 sheet of filo on a flat surface and spray with oil, top with another sheet and repeat with another sheet to make a stack of .Repeat with the other 3 sheets to make another stack.
- Place stack in a one half of a lined tart tin 24cm and then another stack on the other half of the tin.
- Add EVOO in a hot pan and cook leek for 3 minutes until softened, add ham and mustard for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into the tart tin and spread evenly
- Mix eggs, cream and parmesan in a jug.
- Pour the mixture over the quiche filling and pop into an oven at 180C for 10-15 minutes until almost cooked.
- Scatter spring onions over the quiche and pop back in the oven for 8-12 minutes then serve
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 1x 2 kg lamb shoulder, easy-carve or shoulder blade removed 12 prunes, pitted 2 large sprigs of rosemary, broken and leaves removed 2 tablespoons olive oil 100 g butter 1 onion, chopped 1 celery heart, chopped 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced 2 fresh or...
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...