Hanger SteakMike Reid
- 800g Hanger Steak
- Sea Salt
- 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed
- ½ tsp dried flaked chillies
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks
- 10g each fresh basil, tarragon and chives
- 1 tbsp habanero vinegar
- 150ml rapeseed oil
- It’s important that your steaks are removed from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking. Light your bbq and leave the coals until they are glowing and grey.
- Meanwhile to make the chimichurri sauce, blend all the sauce ingredients in a powerful food processor until thoroughly combined. Alternatively, use a pestle and mortar.
- When the coals are ready, brush one side of the steaks with a little rapeseed oil and place brushed side down on the grill. Season the showing side generously with salt and grill for 3 minutes. Flip the steak over, add a light sprinkling of salt and continue grilling for a further 2 minutes.
- Allow to rest somewhere warm for 4 minutes and then enjoy with your chimichurri
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...