Hanger SteakMike Reid
- 800g Hanger Steak
- Sea Salt
- 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed
- ½ tsp dried flaked chillies
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks
- 10g each fresh basil, tarragon and chives
- 1 tbsp habanero vinegar
- 150ml rapeseed oil
- It’s important that your steaks are removed from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking. Light your bbq and leave the coals until they are glowing and grey.
- Meanwhile to make the chimichurri sauce, blend all the sauce ingredients in a powerful food processor until thoroughly combined. Alternatively, use a pestle and mortar.
- When the coals are ready, brush one side of the steaks with a little rapeseed oil and place brushed side down on the grill. Season the showing side generously with salt and grill for 3 minutes. Flip the steak over, add a light sprinkling of salt and continue grilling for a further 2 minutes.
- Allow to rest somewhere warm for 4 minutes and then enjoy with your chimichurri
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...