Hanger SteakMike Reid
- 800g Hanger Steak
- Sea Salt
- 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed
- ½ tsp dried flaked chillies
- 2 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks
- 10g each fresh basil, tarragon and chives
- 1 tbsp habanero vinegar
- 150ml rapeseed oil
- It’s important that your steaks are removed from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking. Light your bbq and leave the coals until they are glowing and grey.
- Meanwhile to make the chimichurri sauce, blend all the sauce ingredients in a powerful food processor until thoroughly combined. Alternatively, use a pestle and mortar.
- When the coals are ready, brush one side of the steaks with a little rapeseed oil and place brushed side down on the grill. Season the showing side generously with salt and grill for 3 minutes. Flip the steak over, add a light sprinkling of salt and continue grilling for a further 2 minutes.
- Allow to rest somewhere warm for 4 minutes and then enjoy with your chimichurri
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...