- 1 cup tinned chickpeas
- 1lt Massel veg stock or chicken stock
- 500g lamb shoulder, untrimmed, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 2 onions, grated
- 2 celery stalks, grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 generous pinch of saffron threads, soaked in 1 tbsp hot water
- 1.2kg truss tomatoes, grated skin discarded
- ½ cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley, including stalks
- 50g (⅓ cup) dried green lentils, rinsed, drained
- ⅓ cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Place the lamb, onions, celery, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger and saffron with soaking liquid and grated tomatoes and dried green lentils in a pressure cooker and seal.
- Bring the pressure cooker up to temperature and cook for 20 minute. Then release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Add the chickpeas, half the parsley and enough stock to loosen, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer, add parsley to harira and stir to combine. Remove harira from heat and season.
- Divide harira among bowls, scatter over coriander and drizzle with olive oil
- Serve immediately
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...