- 1 cup tinned chickpeas
- 1lt Massel veg stock or chicken stock
- 500g lamb shoulder, untrimmed, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 2 onions, grated
- 2 celery stalks, grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 generous pinch of saffron threads, soaked in 1 tbsp hot water
- 1.2kg truss tomatoes, grated skin discarded
- ½ cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley, including stalks
- 50g (⅓ cup) dried green lentils, rinsed, drained
- ⅓ cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Place the lamb, onions, celery, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger and saffron with soaking liquid and grated tomatoes and dried green lentils in a pressure cooker and seal.
- Bring the pressure cooker up to temperature and cook for 20 minute. Then release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Add the chickpeas, half the parsley and enough stock to loosen, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer, add parsley to harira and stir to combine. Remove harira from heat and season.
- Divide harira among bowls, scatter over coriander and drizzle with olive oil
- Serve immediately
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...