- 1 cup tinned chickpeas
- 1lt Massel veg stock or chicken stock
- 500g lamb shoulder, untrimmed, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 2 onions, grated
- 2 celery stalks, grated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 generous pinch of saffron threads, soaked in 1 tbsp hot water
- 1.2kg truss tomatoes, grated skin discarded
- ½ cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley, including stalks
- 50g (⅓ cup) dried green lentils, rinsed, drained
- ⅓ cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Place the lamb, onions, celery, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger and saffron with soaking liquid and grated tomatoes and dried green lentils in a pressure cooker and seal.
- Bring the pressure cooker up to temperature and cook for 20 minute. Then release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Add the chickpeas, half the parsley and enough stock to loosen, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer, add parsley to harira and stir to combine. Remove harira from heat and season.
- Divide harira among bowls, scatter over coriander and drizzle with olive oil
- Serve immediately
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...