Hummingbird CakeSimone Austin
- 3 cups plain flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 Scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups light extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 250g can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups ripe chopped banana
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a 20cm round baking tin
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, including the Ensure powder
- Add the eggs and oil and stir in well until all ingredients are combined, but do not beat
- Stir in the pineapple and bananas.
- Pour into the tin and cook for 45minutes or until a skewer comes out fairly clean. It will be a moist cake. Cool a little before tipping out to cool on a wire rack. This also tastes delicious with a cream cheese icing.
Ingredients: Serves: 2 Ingredients: 2x Wedges of Pumpkin (skin on) 1x can of coconut milk 30ml Soy Sauce (to taste) 1 tbsp of Tom Yum Paste 1 chilli, finely sliced 1 punch of Thai basil 1 tbsp fried shallots Bubur Cha Cha: Kara coconut cream 2litres Pandan leaves 6pcs...
Ingredients: Filling: 200ml Yuzu Juice 250g Caster Sugar 400ml Double Cream 5 Free Range eggs 25g Shiro Miso White Premium Sweet Pastry Case: 200g Unsalted Butter Zest of a lemon 150g Icing Sugar 450g Flour, Plain 5 Whole Eggs Method: Filling: Bring the cream and...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 400g Dulce de leche 2 egg yolks 2 whole eggs 50g Flour 0000 20g Unsalted butter 4 Lady finger bananas 50 g brown sugar 50 g golden syrup Cocoa powder Coconut ice cream (store bought) Method: Preheat the oven to 180C Place the dulce the leche...
Ingredients: Makes: 12 2/3 cup plain flour 1/3 cup self raising flour 1/3 cup raw caster sugar 1/3 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup malted milk drink powder 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled 1 egg 200g dark chocolate, melted Vanilla bean ice cream and sea salt flakes to...
Ingredients: Serves: 8 2 sheets shortcrust pastry ½ cup medjool dates 2 free range eggs ½ cup caster sugar 2-3 tsp lemon zest 250gm fresh ricotta ½ cup thickened cream 2 tbsp plain flour 1 tbsp icing sugar Method: Remove pastry and allow to thaw slightly before...
Ingredients: Base: 2 cups cashews 10 pitted dates 1 cup coconut 4 tbsp liquid coconut oil Pinch of salt 1 tsp raw cocoa powder Caramel: 1 cup almond butter 10 pitted dates 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp vanilla paste 3/4 cup coconut oil 1 tsp salt flakes Chocolate Topping:...