Iceburg Lettice with Burnet DressingBen O'Donoghue
- 1x iceberg lettuce
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 1x onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Fry off the onion until browned and set aside to cool.
- Combine honey, mustard, vinegar in a bowl and slowly whisk in oil to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl combine buttermilk and sour cream and season with salt. Slowly add honey mustard mixture to buttermilk, then add juice of half a lemon. Add onions to dressing and set aside in the fridge.
- Pull apart pieces or cut iceberg lettuce into wedges. Squeeze other half of lemon over top
- Arrange on your plate and dress well with your burnet onion dressing. Finely grate Parmesan cheese over each and sprinkle with the chopped herbs.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...