Iceburg Lettice with Burnet DressingBen O'Donoghue
- 1x iceberg lettuce
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 1x onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Fry off the onion until browned and set aside to cool.
- Combine honey, mustard, vinegar in a bowl and slowly whisk in oil to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl combine buttermilk and sour cream and season with salt. Slowly add honey mustard mixture to buttermilk, then add juice of half a lemon. Add onions to dressing and set aside in the fridge.
- Pull apart pieces or cut iceberg lettuce into wedges. Squeeze other half of lemon over top
- Arrange on your plate and dress well with your burnet onion dressing. Finely grate Parmesan cheese over each and sprinkle with the chopped herbs.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...