Iceburg Lettice with Burnet DressingBen O'Donoghue
- 1x iceberg lettuce
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped dill, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 1x onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Fry off the onion until browned and set aside to cool.
- Combine honey, mustard, vinegar in a bowl and slowly whisk in oil to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl combine buttermilk and sour cream and season with salt. Slowly add honey mustard mixture to buttermilk, then add juice of half a lemon. Add onions to dressing and set aside in the fridge.
- Pull apart pieces or cut iceberg lettuce into wedges. Squeeze other half of lemon over top
- Arrange on your plate and dress well with your burnet onion dressing. Finely grate Parmesan cheese over each and sprinkle with the chopped herbs.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...