Indian Spice-Crusted FishBen O'Donoghue
- 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon
- Vegetable oil
- Lime wedges
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 180g white split peas (urad dal)
- 1 tablespoon yellow split peas (chana dal)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 20 freshly dried curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped
- coriander leaves
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a food processor and purée.
- Rub the fish fillets with the marinade.
- Toast the crust ingredients, except the curry leaves and coriander, in a pan until the split peas turn golden and the spices release their aromas. Leave to cool, then pound in a mortar until you have a fine crumb. Crumble in the curry leaves and chopped coriander.
- Roll the fish in the crust mixture.
Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a medium–high heat.
Add vegetable oil and cook the fish for 4–5 minutes on one side,
then turn and cook for 3–4 minutes on the other.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Ingredients: 4 cups Cooked short medium rice (piping hot) 1 Carrot (julienned) 1 Zucchini (julienned) 8 Dried shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated in warm water for at least 1 hr, sliced) 1 pack Enoki mushrooms, separated 4 Radishes, thinly sliced 1 cup Shelled edamame...
Ingredients: 4 x Burger buns Brioche 600g beef mince (formed into 150g balls) ½ red onion finely diced 100g garlic and dill pickles “Maclures “ or similar 4tbsp tomato ketchup Monteray jack cheese slices (4x 50g slices) 100g Kewpie mayo 20g Hot English mustard Salt...
Ingredients: Pumpkin Seed Hummus 300g pepita seeds soaked in water 30g garlic 120ml lemon juice 120gm tahini 250ml water 250g evo Tahini Green Goddess Dressing 3 cloves garlic peeled Juice of 1 lemon 60mls Salt 100g tahini 250ml EVO 1 cup of water 1 tablespoon caper 1...
Ingredients: 1 x Laucke Brioche Mix Sliced jalapeno chilli pickled 600g chicken tenders sunflower oil for frying Kewpee sesame dressing Pineapple Iceberg lettuce ½ cup butter milk / yoghurt Crumb 1 ½ cup chickpea flour 1 tsp onion powder ¼ tsp cayenne pepper ¼ tsp...
Ingredients: Dineamic Sweet Potato and Coconut Curry Cauliflower rice Roti bread Yoghurt Mint Method: Place the pouch in a pot of simmering water for 10 minutes. Cauliflower rice is super easy to make if you have a food processor. Chop the floret of cauliflower and...
Ingredients: 1-2 Safcol tins smoked trout 1 tub full fat cream cheese 1 tbsp dill chopped finely chopped 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion or banana shallot 1tbsp baby capers Juice of 1 lemon Salt Pepper To serve Cucumber sticks Carrot sticks Celery sticks And or...