Indian Spice-Crusted FishBen O'Donoghue
- 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon
- Vegetable oil
- Lime wedges
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 180g white split peas (urad dal)
- 1 tablespoon yellow split peas (chana dal)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 20 freshly dried curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped
- coriander leaves
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a food processor and purée.
- Rub the fish fillets with the marinade.
- Toast the crust ingredients, except the curry leaves and coriander, in a pan until the split peas turn golden and the spices release their aromas. Leave to cool, then pound in a mortar until you have a fine crumb. Crumble in the curry leaves and chopped coriander.
- Roll the fish in the crust mixture.
Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a medium–high heat.
Add vegetable oil and cook the fish for 4–5 minutes on one side,
then turn and cook for 3–4 minutes on the other.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...