Jam SandwichBen O'Donoghue
- 1 round of white sliced bread per doughnut sandwich
- 1 tablespoon or as required Strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon or as required Nutella spread
- Butter as required
- 500mls vegetable oil
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- ¼ cup of butter milk or milk
- soda water
- Make the batter by placing the flour into a bowl and whisk in the buttermilk if using (the butter milk gives a better flavor and lightness) then whisk in enough cold soda water to make a batter the consistency of pouring cream.
- Preheat the veg oil in a large fry pan or wok.
- Make the sandwiches by removing the crust off the white sliced bread. Butter one side of the bread then add your filling either jam or Nutella.
- At this stage you can either cut the sandos into triangles or leave whole and cut after cooking either way it works. The triangles may help if the wok or pan is smaller.
- Test the heat of the oil by dropping one of the crusts in and if it bubbles and sizzles it ready.
- Dredge the sandos into the batter to coat well and carefully place into the hot oil and cook until golden on either side. Remove from the hot oil and drain well then place into a tray with the cinnamon sugar and toss well.
- Serve while hot with ice cream.
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...