Jam SandwichBen O'Donoghue
- 1 round of white sliced bread per doughnut sandwich
- 1 tablespoon or as required Strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon or as required Nutella spread
- Butter as required
- 500mls vegetable oil
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- ¼ cup of butter milk or milk
- soda water
- Make the batter by placing the flour into a bowl and whisk in the buttermilk if using (the butter milk gives a better flavor and lightness) then whisk in enough cold soda water to make a batter the consistency of pouring cream.
- Preheat the veg oil in a large fry pan or wok.
- Make the sandwiches by removing the crust off the white sliced bread. Butter one side of the bread then add your filling either jam or Nutella.
- At this stage you can either cut the sandos into triangles or leave whole and cut after cooking either way it works. The triangles may help if the wok or pan is smaller.
- Test the heat of the oil by dropping one of the crusts in and if it bubbles and sizzles it ready.
- Dredge the sandos into the batter to coat well and carefully place into the hot oil and cook until golden on either side. Remove from the hot oil and drain well then place into a tray with the cinnamon sugar and toss well.
- Serve while hot with ice cream.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...