Jam SandwichBen O'Donoghue
- 1 round of white sliced bread per doughnut sandwich
- 1 tablespoon or as required Strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon or as required Nutella spread
- Butter as required
- 500mls vegetable oil
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- ¼ cup of butter milk or milk
- soda water
- Make the batter by placing the flour into a bowl and whisk in the buttermilk if using (the butter milk gives a better flavor and lightness) then whisk in enough cold soda water to make a batter the consistency of pouring cream.
- Preheat the veg oil in a large fry pan or wok.
- Make the sandwiches by removing the crust off the white sliced bread. Butter one side of the bread then add your filling either jam or Nutella.
- At this stage you can either cut the sandos into triangles or leave whole and cut after cooking either way it works. The triangles may help if the wok or pan is smaller.
- Test the heat of the oil by dropping one of the crusts in and if it bubbles and sizzles it ready.
- Dredge the sandos into the batter to coat well and carefully place into the hot oil and cook until golden on either side. Remove from the hot oil and drain well then place into a tray with the cinnamon sugar and toss well.
- Serve while hot with ice cream.
Ingredients: Roasted bananas 300g Vanilla 1g Butter 112g Brown sugar 250g Eggs 100g Flour 275g Baking powder 10g Sea salt 5g Whipped Maple Butter Unsalted butter 250g Maple syrup 80g Sea salt 3g Method: Spread vanilla onto bananas, and roast in an oven at 180⁰c for 10...
Ingredients: 1 cup Laucke plain flour Pinch of salt 4 eggs 2 cups milk 40g butter crème fraîche Ricotta Filling 250 g smooth ricotta Finely grated zest of 1 lemon Honey, to taste Berry Sauce 2 cups frozen mixed berries 1 cup icing sugar To Serve Sprigs of mint,...
Ingredients: Smoothie 1 Australian papaya 2 Australian passion fruit Flesh of 1 Australian custard apple, seeds removed ½ Australian banana (use the other half for the topping) 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt Toppings 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes ½ sliced Australian banana 2...
Ingredients: 31/4 cups (225g) fresh breadcrumbs 100g unsalted butter 11/4 cups (440g) golden syrup Grated zest of 1 orange, plus 3 tbsp juice Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg 1 cup (150g) pecan nuts, halved Icing sugar and vanilla ice cream, to serve Sweet pastry 12/3...
Ingredients: 1/3 cup Chia seeds 400 mls Coconut milk 3-5 tablespoons Pure maple syrup 1 tablespoon Pure vanilla extract 3 large Mangoes, peeled and diced 1 tablespoon Lime juice 1/4 Pineapple, peeled and diced 1 tablespoon Mint leaves or micro mint Freeze dried...
Ingredients: Flourless Orange Cake Oranges 3pcs Sugar 375g Ground cardamom 3g Cinnamon 1 large pinch Almond meal 450g Baking powder 7.5g Eggs 8 pcs Lemon Buttercream Eggs 110g Butter 500g Sugar 145g Water 40g Lemon juice 50g Method: Flourless Orange Cake Fill a pot...