Jam SandwichBen O'Donoghue
- 1 round of white sliced bread per doughnut sandwich
- 1 tablespoon or as required Strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon or as required Nutella spread
- Butter as required
- 500mls vegetable oil
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- ¼ cup of butter milk or milk
- soda water
- Make the batter by placing the flour into a bowl and whisk in the buttermilk if using (the butter milk gives a better flavor and lightness) then whisk in enough cold soda water to make a batter the consistency of pouring cream.
- Preheat the veg oil in a large fry pan or wok.
- Make the sandwiches by removing the crust off the white sliced bread. Butter one side of the bread then add your filling either jam or Nutella.
- At this stage you can either cut the sandos into triangles or leave whole and cut after cooking either way it works. The triangles may help if the wok or pan is smaller.
- Test the heat of the oil by dropping one of the crusts in and if it bubbles and sizzles it ready.
- Dredge the sandos into the batter to coat well and carefully place into the hot oil and cook until golden on either side. Remove from the hot oil and drain well then place into a tray with the cinnamon sugar and toss well.
- Serve while hot with ice cream.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...