Juicy Fried Pork BellyChef Kinsan
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 16 pieces pork belly (skin off; diced into 2.5cm cubes)
- 1L oil for frying; add more if needed
- Corn flour enough to lightly coat pork pieces
- 5 tbsp (100ml) Murasaki Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 21⁄2 tbsp (50ml) Obento Cooking Sake
- 3⁄4 cup (200ml) water
- 20g ginger (sliced)
- Kewpie Wasabi Mayonnaise
- Murasaki Soy Sauce
- Combine marinade ingredients into a pot. Add pork and cook and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 20 mins or until cooked through.
- Preheat oil to 180 – 200°C. Coat pork with corn flour and cook for 5 mins until crispy.
- 3. Drain excess oil, and serve with wasabi mayonnaise in Japanese soy sauce. You can also skewer the pork for better presentation.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Riesling.
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...