Kale Caesar SaladElena Duggan
- 2 Lemons, juice only
- 8lge Anchovy fillets in oil
- 1clove Garlic
- 6 Black peppercorns
- 25g Dijon mustard
- 100g EVOO
- 100g Parmesan cheese, ½ finely grated, ½ shaved
- 500g Kale/ Tuscan or other, stems removed and roughly shredded
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, quartered
- 4 x 100g Salmon fillets
- Salt to season
- In a high-speed blender (or mortar and pestle), process lemon juice, anchovy fillets, garlic, pepper, Dijon and grated Parmesan.
- Once smooth, and whilst on medium speed, slowly drizzle in EVOO until dressing is creamy and well combined. Set aside.
- In a cold, medium sized non-stick fry pan, place salted salmon fillets skin side down. Turn heat on and bring up to medium. When salmon is opaque approximately one-third the way up the height of the fillet, turn over and cook flesh side down for up to 2 minutes or desired rareness is achieved, put aside.
- In a large bowl, give kale a gentle massage to soften the texture, making it more palatable.
- Toss dressing through kale and present on a platter, scatter eggs and shaved parmesan then place salmon fillets crispy skin side up.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...