Kale Caesar SaladElena Duggan
- 2 Lemons, juice only
- 8lge Anchovy fillets in oil
- 1clove Garlic
- 6 Black peppercorns
- 25g Dijon mustard
- 100g EVOO
- 100g Parmesan cheese, ½ finely grated, ½ shaved
- 500g Kale/ Tuscan or other, stems removed and roughly shredded
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, quartered
- 4 x 100g Salmon fillets
- Salt to season
- In a high-speed blender (or mortar and pestle), process lemon juice, anchovy fillets, garlic, pepper, Dijon and grated Parmesan.
- Once smooth, and whilst on medium speed, slowly drizzle in EVOO until dressing is creamy and well combined. Set aside.
- In a cold, medium sized non-stick fry pan, place salted salmon fillets skin side down. Turn heat on and bring up to medium. When salmon is opaque approximately one-third the way up the height of the fillet, turn over and cook flesh side down for up to 2 minutes or desired rareness is achieved, put aside.
- In a large bowl, give kale a gentle massage to soften the texture, making it more palatable.
- Toss dressing through kale and present on a platter, scatter eggs and shaved parmesan then place salmon fillets crispy skin side up.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...