Kale Caesar SaladElena Duggan
- 2 Lemons, juice only
- 8lge Anchovy fillets in oil
- 1clove Garlic
- 6 Black peppercorns
- 25g Dijon mustard
- 100g EVOO
- 100g Parmesan cheese, ½ finely grated, ½ shaved
- 500g Kale/ Tuscan or other, stems removed and roughly shredded
- 4 soft-boiled eggs, quartered
- 4 x 100g Salmon fillets
- Salt to season
- In a high-speed blender (or mortar and pestle), process lemon juice, anchovy fillets, garlic, pepper, Dijon and grated Parmesan.
- Once smooth, and whilst on medium speed, slowly drizzle in EVOO until dressing is creamy and well combined. Set aside.
- In a cold, medium sized non-stick fry pan, place salted salmon fillets skin side down. Turn heat on and bring up to medium. When salmon is opaque approximately one-third the way up the height of the fillet, turn over and cook flesh side down for up to 2 minutes or desired rareness is achieved, put aside.
- In a large bowl, give kale a gentle massage to soften the texture, making it more palatable.
- Toss dressing through kale and present on a platter, scatter eggs and shaved parmesan then place salmon fillets crispy skin side up.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...