Cuisine : Japanese
Serves : 2
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 300g Boneless chicken thigh (skin on)
- 3 tbsp Japanese soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Japanese Cooking Sake
- 1 Egg
- 5g Fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- ¼ cup Potato starch (to coat)
- Cooking oil (for frying)
- Kewpie Mayonnaise Wasabi Flavour
- Tonkatsu Sauce (optional)
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, leaving a little skin/fat on for extra crispiness.
- Add Japanese soy sauce, cooking Sake, egg, ginger and garlic in a bowl and mix well. Then, add the chicken, coat well and allow to marinate for 30 mins.
- Drain any excess liquid from the chicken and coat with potato starch.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan to 180°C. Fry 3-4 pieces at a time for 3-4 mins until they are golden brown, then remove and allow to drain on a wire rack or paper towel.
- Serve hot with Kewpie Mayonnaise Wasabi Flavour. For a savoury dip, try Obento Tonkatsu Sauce.