Kerala Salmon CurryKaren Chan
- 200g Safcol Salmon in Springwater
- 1 tbsp oil
- Seed mix
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 green chili, split lengthwise
- 2 tbsp of your favourite curry powder mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Juice of half lime
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Naan bread for serving
- In a hot pan on medium heat, add the oil and seeds. When the mustard seeds start to pop, lower the heat and add curry leaves, garlic and ginger. Fry until fragrant.
- Add the chili, curry paste and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in salmon and springwater, lime juice and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Season to taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with naan bread for a light meal or as a complementary dish at a main meal.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...