Kerala Salmon CurryKaren Chan
- 200g Safcol Salmon in Springwater
- 1 tbsp oil
- Seed mix
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 green chili, split lengthwise
- 2 tbsp of your favourite curry powder mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Juice of half lime
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Naan bread for serving
- In a hot pan on medium heat, add the oil and seeds. When the mustard seeds start to pop, lower the heat and add curry leaves, garlic and ginger. Fry until fragrant.
- Add the chili, curry paste and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in salmon and springwater, lime juice and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Season to taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with naan bread for a light meal or as a complementary dish at a main meal.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...