Kerala Salmon CurryKaren Chan
- 200g Safcol Salmon in Springwater
- 1 tbsp oil
- Seed mix
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 green chili, split lengthwise
- 2 tbsp of your favourite curry powder mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Juice of half lime
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Naan bread for serving
- In a hot pan on medium heat, add the oil and seeds. When the mustard seeds start to pop, lower the heat and add curry leaves, garlic and ginger. Fry until fragrant.
- Add the chili, curry paste and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in salmon and springwater, lime juice and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Season to taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with naan bread for a light meal or as a complementary dish at a main meal.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...