Kerala Salmon CurryKaren Chan
- 200g Safcol Salmon in Springwater
- 1 tbsp oil
- Seed mix
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 green chili, split lengthwise
- 2 tbsp of your favourite curry powder mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Juice of half lime
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Naan bread for serving
- In a hot pan on medium heat, add the oil and seeds. When the mustard seeds start to pop, lower the heat and add curry leaves, garlic and ginger. Fry until fragrant.
- Add the chili, curry paste and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in salmon and springwater, lime juice and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Season to taste.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with naan bread for a light meal or as a complementary dish at a main meal.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Rose.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...