Knickerbocker GloryBen O'Donoghue
- 300ml whipping cream
- 100g dark chocolate
- 250g strawberries
- 50g icing sugar
- 200g bought brownies
- 2 Snickers bars
- ½ cup toasted sliced or flaked coconut
- Chocolate or salted caramel ice cream (good quality)
- Firstly, make your sauces. Pour 100 ml of the cream into a small saucepan and heat until almost boiling. Add the chocolate, whisk until smooth and set aside.
- For the strawberry sauce, combine the strawberries and icing sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil. Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth. Set aside.
- Whip the remaining cream.
- Divide all the crumbled brownies among four chilled glasses. Place one scoop of ice cream in each glass.
- Top with half the chocolate sauce and half the strawberry sauce. Add some peanut brittle and whipped cream. Repeat in the same order, finishing with the whipped cream. Garnish with the coconut and mint. Serve straight away
Can also be made with mangos. Ingredients: 100g Raspberries, frozen (we use Raspberries from Perfection Fresh) 150ml Water 60g Rolled Oats 1 Tbsp Honey, organic 1 Tsp Peanut Butter Roasted nuts to garnish and fresh raspberries Method: Mix the oats, water and...
Ingredients: 150g Soft brown sugar 75g Butter, unsalted 2 Free range Eggs 175g Dates, seeded 100ml Water 50ml Rum 175g Self raising flour 5g Bicarbonate soda 1g mixed spice Tip: Day before making soak the dates in the rum, bicarb of soda and water and leave in...
Ingredients: 250g punnet Qukes, deseeded 1 lime, juice ¼ bunch mint leaves 1tbs gin 150g butter (or dairy-free alternative) 150g golden caster sugar 1tsp vanilla paste 200g self-raising flour Gin Buttercream 125g butter (or dairy-free alternative), softened 65g...
Makes 1 X 15cm Cheesecake Serves: 6 Prep Time: 10 minutes Baking Time: 45 minutes Cooling Time: 3 hours 30 minutes minimum Ingredients: 3 (165g) Eggs 450g Cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened 150g Sugar,...
Time: 30 minutes Easy Ingredients: 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped. Top 30ml rum ½ cup brown sugar 1 Tbls pink peppercorns 1 lime, juice and zested 300ml thickened cream 300ml marscapone 1 vanilla bean 1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted 2 large meringues,...
Ingredients: 200g Plain Flour 120ml Buttermilk 100g Caster Sugar 1 Egg, beaten ½ Tsp Baking powder 1 Tsp Vanilla bean paste 200ml Thicken cream 75ml Maple syrup For Blueberry compote 2 punnets Blueberries 100g Caster sugar ½ lemon juice Method: Whisk together...