Knickerbocker GloryBen O'Donoghue
- 300ml whipping cream
- 100g dark chocolate
- 250g strawberries
- 50g icing sugar
- 200g bought brownies
- 2 Snickers bars
- ½ cup toasted sliced or flaked coconut
- Chocolate or salted caramel ice cream (good quality)
- Firstly, make your sauces. Pour 100 ml of the cream into a small saucepan and heat until almost boiling. Add the chocolate, whisk until smooth and set aside.
- For the strawberry sauce, combine the strawberries and icing sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil. Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth. Set aside.
- Whip the remaining cream.
- Divide all the crumbled brownies among four chilled glasses. Place one scoop of ice cream in each glass.
- Top with half the chocolate sauce and half the strawberry sauce. Add some peanut brittle and whipped cream. Repeat in the same order, finishing with the whipped cream. Garnish with the coconut and mint. Serve straight away
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...