Knickerbocker GloryBen O'Donoghue
- 300ml whipping cream
- 100g dark chocolate
- 250g strawberries
- 50g icing sugar
- 200g bought brownies
- 2 Snickers bars
- ½ cup toasted sliced or flaked coconut
- Chocolate or salted caramel ice cream (good quality)
- Firstly, make your sauces. Pour 100 ml of the cream into a small saucepan and heat until almost boiling. Add the chocolate, whisk until smooth and set aside.
- For the strawberry sauce, combine the strawberries and icing sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil. Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth. Set aside.
- Whip the remaining cream.
- Divide all the crumbled brownies among four chilled glasses. Place one scoop of ice cream in each glass.
- Top with half the chocolate sauce and half the strawberry sauce. Add some peanut brittle and whipped cream. Repeat in the same order, finishing with the whipped cream. Garnish with the coconut and mint. Serve straight away
Ingredients: 150g raisins 100ml grappa 400g plain flour 10g yeast 115g sugar 2 eggs 150ml milk 30g toasted pine nuts Zest 1 orange Zest 1 lemon 50g chopped candied fruit Canola oil, for frying Method: Soak the raisins in grappa and let them plump up for 5 minutes,...
Ingredients: 600g assorted stone fruit* Extra virgin olive oil 1 lemon 1 vanilla bean 300g thick Greek yoghurt 2 tbsp floral honey 50g salted macadamia, coarsely chopped Method: Cut and drizzle fruit with olive oil and grill, cut sides down, until juicy and charred,...
Ingredients:Serves 2 4x scoops Ensure chocolate powder 1 cup milk ½ cup cream 1 tbsp. caster sugar 1 tbsp. cornflour 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, sifted 2 tbsp. boiling water 2 egg yolks Shaved dark chocolate and fresh berries to serve Method: Gently heat the milk and cream...
Ingredients: Serves 1 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed berries 3 teaspoons chia seeds 1 cup natural yoghurt 3 scoops Ensure Vanilla Powder 3 tablespoons oats 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1⁄2 kiwifruit, sliced (try keeping the skin on) 1 tablespoon dry roasted almonds, roughly...
Ingredients: 175g Oats 3 ripe bananas 1 tbsp honey 1/2 tsp baking powder 3 tbsp almond butter 1 punnet of frozen blueberries Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees 2. Puree the bananas together in a mixing bowl, until a thick paste. Fold in the oats, baking powder,...
Ingredients: Serves 6-8 430g cream cheese, room temperature 120g caster sugar 270ml thickened cream (at least 30% fat) 20g plain flour, sifted 3 eggs 1 Tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp vanilla extract Pinch of salt (approx. 1/2-1 tsp) Method: Preheat oven to 220C fan forced/...