Kumato PastaLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh
- 1 pack of Perfection Fresh Kumatoes
- 1 pack of Perfection fresh Mix-A-Mato
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 long red chilli
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Begin heating up a pot of water for your pasta and be sure to make it salty like the ocean.
- In a fry pan on medium heat, go in with a good splash of olive oil, followed by your onion, garlic and chilli. Season to taste and sweat these down until they have softened.
- Roughly chop all of your tomatoes and add them to the pan along with the tinned tomatoes. These will begin to break down creating a luscious red sugo sauce. Tear in some fresh basil leaves just before the sauce is ready.
- Boil your pasta according to the packet but reserve one ladle of pasta water for your sauce.
- Ladle the pasta water into your sugo and stir continuously until it has loosened and fully combined.
- Drain off your pasta and put it directly into the sugo with some more olive oil & basil then toss everything together till it’s evenly coated.
- It’s time to plate up and garnish with pepper and parmesan.