Lemon and Ricotta TartMatt Sinclair
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- ½ cup medjool dates
- 2 free range eggs
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2-3 tsp lemon zest
- 250gm fresh ricotta
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Remove pastry and allow to thaw slightly before pressing into a lightly greased loose-bottom round tart tin. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Tear apart the dates into small half-bite sized pieces, careful to remove all seeds Scatter them over the base of the pastry.
- Using a mixer, beat the eggs, sugar and zest together until pale and thick (approximately 10 minutes).
- Add the ricotta, cream and flour and beat lightly until smooth. Pour the ricotta mixture into the tart tin and smooth out evenly. Place into the oven and bake for 1 hour until lightly golden and set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack in the tin before removing it from the tart tin to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar and serve with dollop cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Riesling.
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...
Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) plain flour 3 tsp baking powder 1 cup (250ml) milk 2 ripe bananas 1 egg 1/3 cup (80g) brown sugar 2 tsp vanilla bean paste 1 tsp ground cinnamon 50g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to brush 100g dark chocolate, chopped Golden syrup,...