Lemon and Ricotta TartMatt Sinclair
- 2 sheets shortcrust pastry
- ½ cup medjool dates
- 2 free range eggs
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2-3 tsp lemon zest
- 250gm fresh ricotta
- ½ cup thickened cream
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Remove pastry and allow to thaw slightly before pressing into a lightly greased loose-bottom round tart tin. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Tear apart the dates into small half-bite sized pieces, careful to remove all seeds Scatter them over the base of the pastry.
- Using a mixer, beat the eggs, sugar and zest together until pale and thick (approximately 10 minutes).
- Add the ricotta, cream and flour and beat lightly until smooth. Pour the ricotta mixture into the tart tin and smooth out evenly. Place into the oven and bake for 1 hour until lightly golden and set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack in the tin before removing it from the tart tin to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar and serve with dollop cream.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Late Harvest Riesling.
Ingredients: Serves: 2 Ingredients: 2x Wedges of Pumpkin (skin on) 1x can of coconut milk 30ml Soy Sauce (to taste) 1 tbsp of Tom Yum Paste 1 chilli, finely sliced 1 punch of Thai basil 1 tbsp fried shallots Bubur Cha Cha: Kara coconut cream 2litres Pandan leaves 6pcs...
Ingredients: Filling: 200ml Yuzu Juice 250g Caster Sugar 400ml Double Cream 5 Free Range eggs 25g Shiro Miso White Premium Sweet Pastry Case: 200g Unsalted Butter Zest of a lemon 150g Icing Sugar 450g Flour, Plain 5 Whole Eggs Method: Filling: Bring the cream and...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 400g Dulce de leche 2 egg yolks 2 whole eggs 50g Flour 0000 20g Unsalted butter 4 Lady finger bananas 50 g brown sugar 50 g golden syrup Cocoa powder Coconut ice cream (store bought) Method: Preheat the oven to 180C Place the dulce the leche...
Ingredients: Makes: 12 2/3 cup plain flour 1/3 cup self raising flour 1/3 cup raw caster sugar 1/3 cup brown sugar 1/3 cup malted milk drink powder 75g unsalted butter, melted and cooled 1 egg 200g dark chocolate, melted Vanilla bean ice cream and sea salt flakes to...
Ingredients: Base: 2 cups cashews 10 pitted dates 1 cup coconut 4 tbsp liquid coconut oil Pinch of salt 1 tsp raw cocoa powder Caramel: 1 cup almond butter 10 pitted dates 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp vanilla paste 3/4 cup coconut oil 1 tsp salt flakes Chocolate Topping:...
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...