Lemon Grass Chicken Banh MiKhanh Ong
- 2x Chicken thighs
- 1x large baguette
- 1x Lemongrass
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1x Chili
- 2 x spring onions
- 3 tbsp x fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp x soy sauce
- 2 Tsp white pepper
- 1 x tbsp sugar
- 1 x tbsp salt
- 1x Carrot
- 1x Cucumber
- 20g Coriander
- Bash finely chop the lemongrass, garlic , half a chilli, white parts of spring onion and add to a bowl with the chicken fish sauce, 1 tsp white pepper, sugar, salt
- Marinate chicken for 30 minute
- Grill chicken for about 5 minutes each side and rest for 5 minutes
- For the salad filling Peel the carrot into ribbons, julienne slice the cucumber, finely slice the green parts of the spring onion
- For the dressing , use the other half of the chilli, soy sauce and a pinch white pepper and stir
- Toast the baguette on bbq for 3-5 minutes until charred
- Slice baguette 3/4 the way through and butter inside and in drizzle some of the dressing
- Fill baguette with salad and thinly sliced chicken, more dressing and serve with fresh coriander
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...