Lemon Grass Chicken Banh MiKhanh Ong
- 2x Chicken thighs
- 1x large baguette
- 1x Lemongrass
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1x Chili
- 2 x spring onions
- 3 tbsp x fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp x soy sauce
- 2 Tsp white pepper
- 1 x tbsp sugar
- 1 x tbsp salt
- 1x Carrot
- 1x Cucumber
- 20g Coriander
- Bash finely chop the lemongrass, garlic , half a chilli, white parts of spring onion and add to a bowl with the chicken fish sauce, 1 tsp white pepper, sugar, salt
- Marinate chicken for 30 minute
- Grill chicken for about 5 minutes each side and rest for 5 minutes
- For the salad filling Peel the carrot into ribbons, julienne slice the cucumber, finely slice the green parts of the spring onion
- For the dressing , use the other half of the chilli, soy sauce and a pinch white pepper and stir
- Toast the baguette on bbq for 3-5 minutes until charred
- Slice baguette 3/4 the way through and butter inside and in drizzle some of the dressing
- Fill baguette with salad and thinly sliced chicken, more dressing and serve with fresh coriander
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...