- 4 LEMONGRASS STALKS
- 4 KAFFIR LIME LEAVES, STEM REMOVED AND CHOPPED
- 1 TABLESPOON GRATED GINGER
- 4 CLOVES GARLIC
- 2 TABLESPOONS FISH SAUCE
- 2 TEASPOONS SOY SAUCE
- 1½ CUPS CORIANDER LEAVES AND STEMS, CHOPPED
- 700G CHICKEN MINCE
- 2 TABLESPOONS EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
CHILLI DIPPING SAUCE
- 2 RED BIRD’S-EYE CHILLIES, THINLY SLICED
- 2 TABLESPOONS GRATED PALM SUGAR
- 1 TEASPOON FISH SAUCE
- 1 TEASPOON SOY SAUCE
- 1 TABLESPOON WATER
- 1 TABLESPOON LIME JUICE
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue to high heat. Using a small sharp knife, split 3 of the lemongrass stalks lengthways. Halve lengthways again and trim to make 12 x 15cm skewers. Set aside.
- Finely chop the white part of the remaining lemongrass stalk and place in a small food processor with the lime leaf, galangal, garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce and coriander. Process to form a paste. Place the paste in a large bowl, add the chicken and mix well to combine.
- Using wet hands, divide the chicken mixture into 12 portions and shape each around the end of a lemongrass skewer. Lightly brush the chicken with oil and cook, in batches, for 8 minutes, turning, or until charred and cooked through.
- To make the dipping sauce, place the chilli, palm sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, water and lime juice in bowl and stir to dissolve the sugar. Serve the skewers with the dipping sauce.