Lentil DhalJoel Feren
- ½ cup Ensure Neutral powder
- 1 cup split red lentils, rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp chilli flakes – optional
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Pinch of salt
- 1tbsp butter
- Place lentils, bay leaves and cinnamon in a saucepan with 2½ cups of cold water. Bring to the boil; reduce the heat to simmer, stirring regularly to prevent sticking for 10-12 minutes. Discard cinnamon and bay leaves and set cooked lentils aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic, spices and chilli flakes and cook for a further minute or until fragrant. Stir in the lemon juice and add salt and mix well.
- Add lentils to the pan and combine well. Cook for 2 minutes until heated through. Remove from the heat and stir through Ensure powder, butter and coriander.
Ingredients: 2 heads broccoli 1 large leek, halved lengthwise, rinsed 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 head garlic, unpeeled 4 cups (1L) chicken or vegetable stock 120g baby spinach leaves 125g sour cream, plus extra to serve Chilli flakes & herbs, such as basil,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations Ingredients: 2 pieces Shimeji mushroom (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Red capsicum (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Zucchini (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Eggplant (thinly sliced) 2 pieces Sweet potato...
Ingredients: 30ml Vegetable oil 1 tin of chopped tomatoes 3 small red onions, 1 sliced, 2 roughly chopped 1 Red Scotch bonnet, finely chopped 100g Tomato paste 2 Tsp curry powder 1 Tsp Thyme, Fresh preferably but dried will also work 2 Bay leaves 1lt Chicken...
Ingredients:For pastry: 225g Plain Flour 100g Butter, unsalted (Make sure it’s really cold!) 4 Tbsp water, chilled For Filling: 250ml Cream 2 Large Eggs 200g Gaunchalie (or bacon) 1 Brown Onion, diced 100g Heritage baby tomatoes (halved) 125g Gruyère cheese 50g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Ocean Spray Ingredients: 400g Venison Loin 1 Carrot chopped 1 Brown onion, diced 1 Bay Leaf 2 Sprigs Rosemary 1 Bulb Garlic 1 Glass Red wine 1 Tbsp Tomato paste 700ml Beef Stock 100g Dark chocolate ...
Ingredients: 100g self raising flour 1 egg 3 tbs sour cream 2 tins corn ½ bunch coriander 1 bunch spring onions 2 avocados 1 shallot 1 long red chilli 2 limes Method: n a mixing bowl, combine your egg, the tinned corn, ½ a shallot, sour cream and flour together,...