Light and Green Soba Noodle SaladElena Duggan
- 150g Edamame, bought frozen, then blanched and refreshed
- 1 Telegraph cucumber, peeled, deseeded, sliced on an angle
- 1 packet Soba / Seaweed / Konjac noodles, cooked and refreshed (use what suits your tummy)
- 1 bunch Asparagus, peeled, stripped or finely sliced in quarters lengthways
- 1lge Avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch Shiso/ perilla leaves
- 3 Nori sheets, strips
- Home Pickled Ginger, to taste
- 25g Sesame Oil
- 25g Yuzu juice
- 25g Creamy sesame dressing/sauce (Asian Inspirations)
- Wasabi Mayonnaise, squeeze to taste (Asian Inspirations)
- 25g Black and white sesame seeds
Optional to Serve:
- Mixed salad greens, tossed through
- Steamed chicken breast, sliced
- Sashimi of choice, sliced
- For the dressing, in a small bowl or jug, combine sesame oil, yuzu, sesame dressing thoroughly and set aside.
- Combine all other ingredients in a bowl, toss gently. Dress right before serving and toss through again.
- Gluten free – optional based on noodles of choice
- Grain free– optional based on noodles of choice
- Refined Sugar Free
- Sugar Free – Low Fructose
- Dairy Free
- Paleo Friendly
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...