Lime and Yoghurt Syrup CakeKhanh Ong
- 3 eggs
- 225g caster sugar
- Juice and zest of 3 limes
- 300g self-raising flour sifted
- 275g Jalna Greek yoghurt
- 125ml of grapeseed oil/veg oil (any neutral tasting oil)
- 3 limes peeled into thick strips
- 130g caster sugar
- 75ml lime juice
- Beat the eggs and sugar until light and pale in a stand mixer
- Add lime juice and zest and beat for a minute
- Stir in flour yoghurt and oil until smooth
- Pour into a springform line tin and bake at 180 for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- Set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan add all the ingredients.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes until thick
- Poke holes in the cake with a skewer
- Pour syrup over the top
Ingredients: Serves 4 500g cherries 4 eggs 100g flour 100g granulated sugar 300ml milk 1 vanilla bean 30g butter 1 pinch of salt Method: Wash, wipe, de-stalk and stone the cherries. Butter a spring form pan then pour in the prepared cherries. In a...
Ingredients: Bread 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 large egg, at room temperature* 3/4 cup (150g) caster sugar 1/4 cup (50g) soft brown sugar 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk (no substitutions) 1/3 cup...
Ingredients: 3 Peaches cut in half 2 tbsp Vanilla sugar (or plain caster if you don’t have vanilla sugar) 1 cup milk 3 eggs 2 tbsp butter melted ½ cup flour Crème friache to serve Method: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Cut you peaches in half and toss in the vanilla...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 1/2 cups Whole oats 3 cups Coconut water 1 cup Coconut cream 2 stalks Rhubarb, chopped 2 Apples, peeled and cored 1 cup Raspberries, fresh or frozen 1 cup Strawberries, sliced 1 Orange, zest and juice 3 tablespoons Pure maple syrup 1 Cinnamon...
Ingredients: Makes 12 200g fresh or dried pitted dates, roughly chopped 300ml boiling water 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) 150g (2/3 cup) sugar50g butter 2 eggs 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract 170g plain (all-purpose) flour 2 teaspoons baking powder...
Ingredients: Serves 12 3 cups wholegrain spelt flour 2 tsp baking powder 1 cup rapadura sugar 2 tsp ground cinnamon 1 tsp natural salt flakes 4 free-range eggs 300ml extra virgin olive oil 1/3 cup pure maple syrup 2 tbsp natural vanilla extract 4 medium carrots,...