Lime and Yoghurt Syrup CakeKhanh Ong
- 3 eggs
- 225g caster sugar
- Juice and zest of 3 limes
- 300g self-raising flour sifted
- 275g Jalna Greek yoghurt
- 125ml of grapeseed oil/veg oil (any neutral tasting oil)
- 3 limes peeled into thick strips
- 130g caster sugar
- 75ml lime juice
- Beat the eggs and sugar until light and pale in a stand mixer
- Add lime juice and zest and beat for a minute
- Stir in flour yoghurt and oil until smooth
- Pour into a springform line tin and bake at 180 for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- Set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan add all the ingredients.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes until thick
- Poke holes in the cake with a skewer
- Pour syrup over the top
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...