Lingine with Figs, Cream and ChilliBen O'Donoghue
- 320gm fresh egg pasta
- 6 over ripe black figs
- 4 long red chillies grilled, peeled and deseeded
- 1/2 bunch of purple basil
- 1/2 bunch of green sweet basil
- 1 clove of garlic finely sliced
- Pinch of dried chilli
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of double cream
- 200gm block of Parmesan cheese to shave
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon
1. Bring ample amounts of water to the boil and season with salt to cook the pasta
2. While the water boils, remove the stem from the fig and chop into quarters and then into eights.
3. Gently heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the garlic and lightly fry until sticky and just golden. Add a pinch of dried chilli and the chopped fig. Gently fry for about 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the cream and lower the heat and just simmer. Season with salt. Pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Add a few of each of the different basil leaves.
5. Drain the pasta of all its water and add to the sauce. Toss to combine and coat the pasta. Correct the seasoning and divide between four bowls.
6. Garnish with strips of the grilled chilli basil leaves and shavings of Parmesan cheese.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Wicks Estate Sauvignon Blanc 2019, Tomich Woodside Vineyard Grüner Veltliner 2018
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...