- Juice of one orange
- Juice of one lemon
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- SR flour, 600g
- 2L vegetable or canola oil for deep frying
- 220g sugar
- 165ml cream
- 95g butter
- 1/2tsp vanilla bean
- Pinch of flaked salt, to taste
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Fresh honey, best quality you can find, I like to use the honey my family makes from our bee hives
- Start by making the loukomade dough, combine together the lemon, orange, salt, sugar and water in a bowl
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients and stir with a whisk until a thick but wet dough consistency. Let the dough sit and rest covered in cling wrap for about 1-2 hours
- While the dough is sitting make the cinnamon sugar by combining the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and stir to combine
- To make the salted caramel it is important to measure out all your ingredients first so you have everything ready. Heat up the cream and the vanilla in a microwave until warm, and set aside.
- Grab a pan, preferably NOT a non-stick pan that is medium size , and pour 2 tablespoons of the sugar into the pan. Place the pan onto a low heat on the stove and begin to melt the sugar. Once all the sugar has slowly melted, add another tablespoon. Continue to do this until all the sugar has melted.
- Allow the sugar to brown slightly, once you can clearly see the bottom of the pan add in the cream and stir quickly. It is important to use a pan that is not too small as the mixture at this stage likes to froth up.
- Now that the sugar and cream have combined, take the mixture off the stove and carefully stir in the butter, followed by the salt and set aside. Add salt to your preference, I love my salted caramel very salty.
- Now its ready to start warming your oil. Place the oil into a large enough pot and heat up for frying. To get the right temperature I like to place a little spoonful of the mixture into the oil, if it sizzles nicely its ready. If the mixture gets too brown before the inside is cooked, turn the heat down.
- Have some tongs ready beside the stove, as well as the dough mixture with some spoons, and your cinnamon sugar.
- Place heaped tablespoons of the dough into the oil and fry until golden brown and cooked in the center.
- As soon as the dough is cooked remove the doughnuts from the oil and toss straight into the cinnamon sugar
- Repeat this process until all the doughnuts are cooked.
- To serve drizzle generously in the salted caramel and honey, enjoy, these are addictive so be careful.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...