- Juice of one orange
- Juice of one lemon
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- SR flour, 600g
- 2L vegetable or canola oil for deep frying
- 220g sugar
- 165ml cream
- 95g butter
- 1/2tsp vanilla bean
- Pinch of flaked salt, to taste
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Fresh honey, best quality you can find, I like to use the honey my family makes from our bee hives
- Start by making the loukomade dough, combine together the lemon, orange, salt, sugar and water in a bowl
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients and stir with a whisk until a thick but wet dough consistency. Let the dough sit and rest covered in cling wrap for about 1-2 hours
- While the dough is sitting make the cinnamon sugar by combining the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and stir to combine
- To make the salted caramel it is important to measure out all your ingredients first so you have everything ready. Heat up the cream and the vanilla in a microwave until warm, and set aside.
- Grab a pan, preferably NOT a non-stick pan that is medium size , and pour 2 tablespoons of the sugar into the pan. Place the pan onto a low heat on the stove and begin to melt the sugar. Once all the sugar has slowly melted, add another tablespoon. Continue to do this until all the sugar has melted.
- Allow the sugar to brown slightly, once you can clearly see the bottom of the pan add in the cream and stir quickly. It is important to use a pan that is not too small as the mixture at this stage likes to froth up.
- Now that the sugar and cream have combined, take the mixture off the stove and carefully stir in the butter, followed by the salt and set aside. Add salt to your preference, I love my salted caramel very salty.
- Now its ready to start warming your oil. Place the oil into a large enough pot and heat up for frying. To get the right temperature I like to place a little spoonful of the mixture into the oil, if it sizzles nicely its ready. If the mixture gets too brown before the inside is cooked, turn the heat down.
- Have some tongs ready beside the stove, as well as the dough mixture with some spoons, and your cinnamon sugar.
- Place heaped tablespoons of the dough into the oil and fry until golden brown and cooked in the center.
- As soon as the dough is cooked remove the doughnuts from the oil and toss straight into the cinnamon sugar
- Repeat this process until all the doughnuts are cooked.
- To serve drizzle generously in the salted caramel and honey, enjoy, these are addictive so be careful.
Ingredients: Serves 2 Flesh of 1 ripe Australian avocado 6 Medjool dates, pitted ¼ cup cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract Pinch sea salt To serve ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries 1 tsp cacao nibs (optional) 1 sprig of fresh Australian mint Method: Place all...
Ingredients: Serves 2 60ml tequila 1 Lime, halved SodaStream Ginger Beer Syrup SodaStream Carbonated Water Ice Lime slices for garnish Method: Line the glasses with lime juice and salt. Add crushed ice to the serving glasses followed by tequila, SodaStream ginger beer...
Ingredients: Roasted bananas 300g Vanilla 1g Butter 112g Brown sugar 250g Eggs 100g Flour 275g Baking powder 10g Sea salt 5g Whipped Maple Butter Unsalted butter 250g Maple syrup 80g Sea salt 3g Method: Spread vanilla onto bananas, and roast in an oven at 180⁰c for 10...
Ingredients: Two servings Gin SodaStream Lemonade Syrup Approx 500ml Sodastream Carbonated Water 2 tarragon sprigs 1/2 lemon, finely sliced Ice Method: Fill the serving glasses with ice. Add lemonade syrup and top up with carbonated water Add the tarragon and lemon...
Ingredients: 500g Laucke Spelt Mix 4g Dried Yeast (supplied) 1 Egg 50g Sugar (white or brown) 50g Butter (Softened) 250g or 200g Water (50 g less if using a mixer or by hand or removing the dough from the breadmaker) 2ml Egg yellow colour if desired. 500g Dry Fruit...
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...