Lupin HummusSimone Austin
- 1 ½ cups cooked Lupin flakes
- 2 cloves garlic freshly crushed/chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 3 -4 scoops of Glucerna Vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add ¾ cup dry lupin flakes to 3 cups hot water and bring to the boil. Boil for 3 -4 minutes and strain.
- Place 1 ½ cups of cooked lupin flakes, into a food processor along with all other ingredients apart from the Glucerna powder.
- In a cup mix the Glucerna powder with a little water to make a runny paste and then add to the other ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Add a little extra water if you feel the dip is too think. Drizzle with a little more extra virgin olive oil if desired.
- Serve with sliced vegetables for dipping.
For more details on Glucerna, go to glucerna.com.au
Lupins are a high protein, high fibre legume, that are very low in carbohydrate and fat. They make a good substitute for chickpeas in this Lupin hummus like dip.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...