Lupin HummusSimone Austin
- 1 ½ cups cooked Lupin flakes
- 2 cloves garlic freshly crushed/chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 3 -4 scoops of Glucerna Vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add ¾ cup dry lupin flakes to 3 cups hot water and bring to the boil. Boil for 3 -4 minutes and strain.
- Place 1 ½ cups of cooked lupin flakes, into a food processor along with all other ingredients apart from the Glucerna powder.
- In a cup mix the Glucerna powder with a little water to make a runny paste and then add to the other ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Add a little extra water if you feel the dip is too think. Drizzle with a little more extra virgin olive oil if desired.
- Serve with sliced vegetables for dipping.
For more details on Glucerna, go to glucerna.com.au
Lupins are a high protein, high fibre legume, that are very low in carbohydrate and fat. They make a good substitute for chickpeas in this Lupin hummus like dip.
Ingredients: 500g dried chickpeas, soaked in cold water overnight 1-2 sticks of celery, finely chopped 1 large onion, chopped 150ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving Juice of 1 lemon, or more if needed 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped A sprinkling...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 small onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, chopped 1 cup chopped carrot 10 habanero or carolina reaper chillies 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) lime juice 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) white vinegar 1 teaspoon English mustard 1 teaspoon salt 250 ml...
Ingredients: Makes 6 - 8 large muffins depending on amount of filling 500gm flour 500ml milk 2 eggs 20gm Baking powder 1 cup veg oil Equipment 1 x Large 6 Muffin tray Baking paper cut into 15x15cm square and cut from point ¾ into the center to make a windmill kind of...
Ingredients: 2 tbsp olive oil 1kg potatoes, cubes 1 onion, diced 2 sticks celery, sliced 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 1 butternut pumpkin (1.5-2kg), cubed 3 saffron threads Pinch of salt and pepper Sprig of Rosemary 1.5 litres chicken stock 1 carrot, chopped...
Ingredients: Serves 2 1 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil 1 Australian red onion Small bunch Australian spring onions Small bunch Australian Kale 1 Australian red capsicum 1 clove Australian garlic ½ tsp cumin 1 tsp paprika Pinch cayenne pepper (optional) 1 tin...
Ingredients: 8 chicken thigh skin on Brine 500ml butter milk 1 onion 2 cloves garlic 1tbsp salt 1tsp cracked black pepper Dressing 1 cup Sour cream 1 cup Buttermilk 2 tbsp chopped Chives 1 tbsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp Honey 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar 1 cup Extra Virgin...