Lupin HummusSimone Austin
- 1 ½ cups cooked Lupin flakes
- 2 cloves garlic freshly crushed/chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 3 -4 scoops of Glucerna Vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add ¾ cup dry lupin flakes to 3 cups hot water and bring to the boil. Boil for 3 -4 minutes and strain.
- Place 1 ½ cups of cooked lupin flakes, into a food processor along with all other ingredients apart from the Glucerna powder.
- In a cup mix the Glucerna powder with a little water to make a runny paste and then add to the other ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Add a little extra water if you feel the dip is too think. Drizzle with a little more extra virgin olive oil if desired.
- Serve with sliced vegetables for dipping.
For more details on Glucerna, go to glucerna.com.au
Lupins are a high protein, high fibre legume, that are very low in carbohydrate and fat. They make a good substitute for chickpeas in this Lupin hummus like dip.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...