Lupin HummusSimone Austin
- 1 ½ cups cooked Lupin flakes
- 2 cloves garlic freshly crushed/chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 3 -4 scoops of Glucerna Vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add ¾ cup dry lupin flakes to 3 cups hot water and bring to the boil. Boil for 3 -4 minutes and strain.
- Place 1 ½ cups of cooked lupin flakes, into a food processor along with all other ingredients apart from the Glucerna powder.
- In a cup mix the Glucerna powder with a little water to make a runny paste and then add to the other ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Add a little extra water if you feel the dip is too think. Drizzle with a little more extra virgin olive oil if desired.
- Serve with sliced vegetables for dipping.
For more details on Glucerna, go to glucerna.com.au
Lupins are a high protein, high fibre legume, that are very low in carbohydrate and fat. They make a good substitute for chickpeas in this Lupin hummus like dip.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...