Massaman Beef CurryKaren Chan
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 500g beef fillet (cut into bite size)
- 400ml TCC Coconut Milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 jar Valcom Massaman Curry Paste
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3-4 tsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste (adjust amount to taste)
- 2 potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts or chickpeas
- Combine 1 cup each of coconut milk and water in a saucepan, place over high heat until boiling. Add beef and simmer for 20 mins or until the meat is tender.
- While simmering meat, stir-fry massaman curry paste with oil over low heat until fragrant. Slowly add the remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar and tamarind puree. Mix well.
- Combine curry mixture into the meat and continue cooking over medium high heat. Bring to the boil before adding potatoes.
- Continue simmering until potatoes soften. If too dry, some water can be added. Garnish with peanuts before removing from heat. Serve with rice.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...