Massaman Beef CurryKaren Chan
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 500g beef fillet (cut into bite size)
- 400ml TCC Coconut Milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 jar Valcom Massaman Curry Paste
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3-4 tsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste (adjust amount to taste)
- 2 potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts or chickpeas
- Combine 1 cup each of coconut milk and water in a saucepan, place over high heat until boiling. Add beef and simmer for 20 mins or until the meat is tender.
- While simmering meat, stir-fry massaman curry paste with oil over low heat until fragrant. Slowly add the remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar and tamarind puree. Mix well.
- Combine curry mixture into the meat and continue cooking over medium high heat. Bring to the boil before adding potatoes.
- Continue simmering until potatoes soften. If too dry, some water can be added. Garnish with peanuts before removing from heat. Serve with rice.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...