Massaman Beef CurryKaren Chan
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 500g beef fillet (cut into bite size)
- 400ml TCC Coconut Milk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 jar Valcom Massaman Curry Paste
- 4 tbsp oil
- 3-4 tsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste (adjust amount to taste)
- 2 potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts or chickpeas
- Combine 1 cup each of coconut milk and water in a saucepan, place over high heat until boiling. Add beef and simmer for 20 mins or until the meat is tender.
- While simmering meat, stir-fry massaman curry paste with oil over low heat until fragrant. Slowly add the remaining coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar and tamarind puree. Mix well.
- Combine curry mixture into the meat and continue cooking over medium high heat. Bring to the boil before adding potatoes.
- Continue simmering until potatoes soften. If too dry, some water can be added. Garnish with peanuts before removing from heat. Serve with rice.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Shiraz.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...