Matcha Chiffon Cake with White Chocolate GanacheKhanh Ong
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2⁄3 cups of cake flour
- 3 large eggs separated
- 1⁄2 cup of caster sugar
- 3 tbsp veg oil
- 4 tbsp water
White Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup of thicken cream
- 150g white chocolate
- Sift the matcha powder, baking powder and cake flour together in a large bowl 2 – 3 times
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks form then slowly add in 2 tbsp of caster sugar until stiff peaks form
- In a large bowl beat the yolks and remaining sugar until pale, then add oil, water and continue beating until combined.
- Fold flour mixture into the yolk mixture
- Slowly fold in the egg whites 1⁄3 at a time do not over mix.
- Pour the matcha batter into pre prepped bundt pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 160C
- Let the cake cool upside down and then gently remove from pan.
White Chocolate Ganache:
- Heat 1⁄2 cream to a simmer then add chocolate until melted.
- Remove from heat and then add in leftover cream to bring the temperature down
- Place in a fridge for at least 30 mins to cool
- Whip until soft peaks
Ingredients: Makes 12 200g fresh or dried pitted dates, roughly chopped 300ml boiling water 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) 150g (2/3 cup) sugar 50g butter 2 eggs 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract 170g plain (all-purpose) flour 2 teaspoons baking powder...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Flesh of 1 ripe Australian avocado 6 Medjool dates, pitted ¼ cup cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract Pinch sea salt To serve ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries 1 tsp cacao nibs (optional) 1 sprig of fresh Australian mint Method: Place all...
Ingredients: Serves 2 2 passionfruit 1 lime, halved 1 tablespoon coconut sugar Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Distribute the brown sugar and lime juice between your serving glasses along with the pulp of a passionfruit per glass. Fill the glass with ice and...
Ingredients: Roasted bananas 300g Vanilla 1g Butter 112g Brown sugar 250g Eggs 100g Flour 275g Baking powder 10g Sea salt 5g Whipped Maple Butter Unsalted butter 250g Maple syrup 80g Sea salt 3g Method: Spread vanilla onto bananas, and roast in an oven at 180⁰c for 10...
Ingredients: 1 cup Laucke plain flour Pinch of salt 4 eggs 2 cups milk 40g butter crème fraîche Ricotta Filling 250 g smooth ricotta Finely grated zest of 1 lemon Honey, to taste Berry Sauce 2 cups frozen mixed berries 1 cup icing sugar To Serve Sprigs of mint,...
Ingredients: Smoothie 1 Australian papaya 2 Australian passion fruit Flesh of 1 Australian custard apple, seeds removed ½ Australian banana (use the other half for the topping) 2 tbsp coconut yoghurt Toppings 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes ½ sliced Australian banana 2...