Matcha Chiffon Cake with White Chocolate GanacheKhanh Ong
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2⁄3 cups of cake flour
- 3 large eggs separated
- 1⁄2 cup of caster sugar
- 3 tbsp veg oil
- 4 tbsp water
White Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup of thicken cream
- 150g white chocolate
- Sift the matcha powder, baking powder and cake flour together in a large bowl 2 – 3 times
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks form then slowly add in 2 tbsp of caster sugar until stiff peaks form
- In a large bowl beat the yolks and remaining sugar until pale, then add oil, water and continue beating until combined.
- Fold flour mixture into the yolk mixture
- Slowly fold in the egg whites 1⁄3 at a time do not over mix.
- Pour the matcha batter into pre prepped bundt pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 160C
- Let the cake cool upside down and then gently remove from pan.
White Chocolate Ganache:
- Heat 1⁄2 cream to a simmer then add chocolate until melted.
- Remove from heat and then add in leftover cream to bring the temperature down
- Place in a fridge for at least 30 mins to cool
- Whip until soft peaks
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...