Matcha Chiffon Cake with White Chocolate GanacheKhanh Ong
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2⁄3 cups of cake flour
- 3 large eggs separated
- 1⁄2 cup of caster sugar
- 3 tbsp veg oil
- 4 tbsp water
White Chocolate Ganache:
- 1 cup of thicken cream
- 150g white chocolate
- Sift the matcha powder, baking powder and cake flour together in a large bowl 2 – 3 times
- Whip egg whites until soft peaks form then slowly add in 2 tbsp of caster sugar until stiff peaks form
- In a large bowl beat the yolks and remaining sugar until pale, then add oil, water and continue beating until combined.
- Fold flour mixture into the yolk mixture
- Slowly fold in the egg whites 1⁄3 at a time do not over mix.
- Pour the matcha batter into pre prepped bundt pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 160C
- Let the cake cool upside down and then gently remove from pan.
White Chocolate Ganache:
- Heat 1⁄2 cream to a simmer then add chocolate until melted.
- Remove from heat and then add in leftover cream to bring the temperature down
- Place in a fridge for at least 30 mins to cool
- Whip until soft peaks
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...