Matcha Raspberry SliceKhanh Ong
- 80g raw walnuts
- 1 cup almond flour
- 5 dates
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
Matcha and Raspberry filling
- 2 cups of raw cashews, soaked in water overnight and drained
- 1⁄2 cup of canned TCC coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup of coconut oil melted
- 1⁄2 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1⁄3 cup of freeze dried raspberries
- Freeze dried raspberries
- Matcha powder
- You’ll need to start this recipe the night before, as you’ll need to soak the cashews overnight.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan and set aside.
- To make the crust, add all ingredients into a processor and blitz until it becomes a sticky dough but with still pieces of walnut (if it becomes like a nut butter you’ve gone too far). Press the dough into the pan evenly and set aside
- In a food processor combine all filling ingredients besides matcha powder and freeze dried raspberries and blitz till smooth and creamy. Remove 1⁄3 of the mixture, set aside and add the matcha powder to the processor then blitz until combined. Place the matcha filling evenly into the pan and then set in the freezer.
- Place remaining 1⁄3 of the mixture into a food processor along with freeze dried raspberries and blitz till combined. Pour raspberry mixture over the top of the matcha filling then place in the freezer until completely frozen about 3 hours.
- Remove and slice. Garish with raspberries and matcha powder.
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...