Meatball SubBen O'Donoghue
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 100ml milk
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1 onion, grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can Ardmona Diced Tomatoes
- 2 fresh jalapeño chillies, 1 whole, 1 thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 4 soft torpedo-shaped bread rolls
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, thickly sliced
- 50g gruyere cheese, thickly sliced
- Fries, to serve
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk for 5 minutes, then combine with the pork mince and onion. Season and use damp hands to roll the mixture into 24 walnut-sized meatballs. Place on a tray, cover and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large ovenproof frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs in the frypan for 6-8 minutes, turning, until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the frypan and cook the garlic for 30 seconds, stirring, until fragrant. Add the tomato passata, one whole jalapeño, cinnamon and meatballs to the pan and stir to combine. Transfer to the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and thickened.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Make a deep slit in the bread rolls lengthways, then toast under the grill for 1 minute or until golden-brown.
- Tuck some spinach leaves, avocado slices and 6 meatballs into each of the bread rolls. Spoon over a little tomato sauce, then top with gruyere cheese and jalapeño slices. Grill for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with fries.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...