Meatball SubBen O'Donoghue
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 100ml milk
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1 onion, grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can Ardmona Diced Tomatoes
- 2 fresh jalapeño chillies, 1 whole, 1 thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 4 soft torpedo-shaped bread rolls
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, thickly sliced
- 50g gruyere cheese, thickly sliced
- Fries, to serve
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk for 5 minutes, then combine with the pork mince and onion. Season and use damp hands to roll the mixture into 24 walnut-sized meatballs. Place on a tray, cover and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large ovenproof frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs in the frypan for 6-8 minutes, turning, until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the frypan and cook the garlic for 30 seconds, stirring, until fragrant. Add the tomato passata, one whole jalapeño, cinnamon and meatballs to the pan and stir to combine. Transfer to the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and thickened.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Make a deep slit in the bread rolls lengthways, then toast under the grill for 1 minute or until golden-brown.
- Tuck some spinach leaves, avocado slices and 6 meatballs into each of the bread rolls. Spoon over a little tomato sauce, then top with gruyere cheese and jalapeño slices. Grill for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with fries.
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...