Meatball SubBen O'Donoghue
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 100ml milk
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1 onion, grated
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g can Ardmona Diced Tomatoes
- 2 fresh jalapeño chillies, 1 whole, 1 thinly sliced
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 4 soft torpedo-shaped bread rolls
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, thickly sliced
- 50g gruyere cheese, thickly sliced
- Fries, to serve
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk for 5 minutes, then combine with the pork mince and onion. Season and use damp hands to roll the mixture into 24 walnut-sized meatballs. Place on a tray, cover and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large ovenproof frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs in the frypan for 6-8 minutes, turning, until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the frypan and cook the garlic for 30 seconds, stirring, until fragrant. Add the tomato passata, one whole jalapeño, cinnamon and meatballs to the pan and stir to combine. Transfer to the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and thickened.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Make a deep slit in the bread rolls lengthways, then toast under the grill for 1 minute or until golden-brown.
- Tuck some spinach leaves, avocado slices and 6 meatballs into each of the bread rolls. Spoon over a little tomato sauce, then top with gruyere cheese and jalapeño slices. Grill for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with fries.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...