Minty Pea Falafels with Tahini Yoghurt SauceSofia Levin
- 250g peas (ideally fresh, but frozen okay)
- 400g cooked chickpeas (canned okay)
- 1 Spanish onion (half finely chopped, the other half finely sliced)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 bunch mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- Zest of 1 lemon
- EVOO and water on hand for thinning
- 200g full fat Greek yoghurt
- 120g tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cup finely chopped herbs of choice (mint and dill)
- EVOO or water on hand for thinning
- Salt to taste
- Flat bread
- Spanish onion
- Cherry tomato
- Extra herbs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Add all falafel ball ingredients to a food processor (except for the sliced half onion) and pulse to combine. Check for consistency and seasoning. Add salt and EVOO if needed.
- Form the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls or ovals using your hands and set aside on a tray or plate.
- Brown falafels in a generously oiled pan on both sides, then transfer to a baking tray and cook until warm, 8 to 10 mins.
- While falafels are warming, make the dressing. Blitz all the ingredients in a small food processor or by hand until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve falafels on warmed flatbread with fresh lettuce, cherry tomatoes, lots of fresh herbs, finely sliced spanish onion, a generous drizzle of tahini sauce and lemon wedges.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...