Minty Pea Falafels with Tahini Yoghurt SauceSofia Levin
- 250g peas (ideally fresh, but frozen okay)
- 400g cooked chickpeas (canned okay)
- 1 Spanish onion (half finely chopped, the other half finely sliced)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 bunch mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- Zest of 1 lemon
- EVOO and water on hand for thinning
- 200g full fat Greek yoghurt
- 120g tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cup finely chopped herbs of choice (mint and dill)
- EVOO or water on hand for thinning
- Salt to taste
- Flat bread
- Spanish onion
- Cherry tomato
- Extra herbs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Add all falafel ball ingredients to a food processor (except for the sliced half onion) and pulse to combine. Check for consistency and seasoning. Add salt and EVOO if needed.
- Form the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls or ovals using your hands and set aside on a tray or plate.
- Brown falafels in a generously oiled pan on both sides, then transfer to a baking tray and cook until warm, 8 to 10 mins.
- While falafels are warming, make the dressing. Blitz all the ingredients in a small food processor or by hand until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve falafels on warmed flatbread with fresh lettuce, cherry tomatoes, lots of fresh herbs, finely sliced spanish onion, a generous drizzle of tahini sauce and lemon wedges.
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 packet Udon Noodles (Hakubaku brand preferred) 250g smoked trout, torn into bite-sized slices 200g mesclun or butter lettuce, roughly torn 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, sliced 3 spring onions, thinly sliced 1 cup fresh...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you with the help from our friends at Velisha Farms 800g Doncaster & black Russians Tomatoes, chopped ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced 1 Tbsp vinaigrette 1 Lemon, zest 10g Wild Rocket Dressing: 200ml Early harvest Olive oil 3 Tbsp...
Ingredients: Makes 2 2 Tbsp olive oil 2 clove garlic, finely chopped 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1 green chilli, finely chopped ½ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped ½ tsp ground turmeric 1 tsp chilli powder 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground coriander 4 Eggs,...
Ingredients:Serves 1 150g Wagyu Thick Skirt 1 Hens Egg ½ Tomato, Sliced Sprigs of fresh Watercress ½ Onion, Sliced & Sautéed ½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard 1 Tbsp Spiced Tomato Chutney 1 Medium sized seeded baguette cut in half Method: Grill the wagyu from room...