Minty Pea Falafels with Tahini Yoghurt SauceSofia Levin
- 250g peas (ideally fresh, but frozen okay)
- 400g cooked chickpeas (canned okay)
- 1 Spanish onion (half finely chopped, the other half finely sliced)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 bunch mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- Zest of 1 lemon
- EVOO and water on hand for thinning
- 200g full fat Greek yoghurt
- 120g tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cup finely chopped herbs of choice (mint and dill)
- EVOO or water on hand for thinning
- Salt to taste
- Flat bread
- Spanish onion
- Cherry tomato
- Extra herbs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Add all falafel ball ingredients to a food processor (except for the sliced half onion) and pulse to combine. Check for consistency and seasoning. Add salt and EVOO if needed.
- Form the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls or ovals using your hands and set aside on a tray or plate.
- Brown falafels in a generously oiled pan on both sides, then transfer to a baking tray and cook until warm, 8 to 10 mins.
- While falafels are warming, make the dressing. Blitz all the ingredients in a small food processor or by hand until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve falafels on warmed flatbread with fresh lettuce, cherry tomatoes, lots of fresh herbs, finely sliced spanish onion, a generous drizzle of tahini sauce and lemon wedges.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...