Mooloolaba Prawn Caeser SaladMatt Sinclair
- 10 green King prawns
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1 slice/crust of bread, roughly torn
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, diced
- 2 eggs
- Fresh coriander leaves (garnish)
- Fresh Dill fronds (garnish)
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup honey yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of cheek of lemon
- 4 anchovies, finely diced
- 2 spring onions, white part only, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp coriander stem, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, finely diced
- Peel and devein prawns. Make an incision on the underside from the head to the tail and flatten into a cutlet.
- Add all marinade ingredients into a small bowl and mix to combine. Pour over the prawns and set aside.
- Place the eggs in boiling water for 6 minutes, refresh in cold water, peel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon into a frypan over medium heat and fry off for 1-2 minutes, adding a little oil if required. Add the pieces of bread and fry off for another 4-5 minutes until deep-golden. Season lightly and to taste with sea salt.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and mix well to combine, adjust seasoning to taste.
- Place a griddle pan or BBQ on high. When smoking, place the prawns back-side down and cook for approximately 2 minutes. When a nice char has developed, flip for 3 seconds to finish.
- To assemble, place a generous amount of dressing down onto a platter. Follow with intermittent layers of cos lettuce leaves and prawns. Place the eggs on the top and season with a touch of salt. Garnish with extra coriander leaves and dill fronds. Sprinkle the bacon and croutons over the top, finish with a drizzle of oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...