Mooloolaba Prawn Caeser SaladMatt Sinclair
- 10 green King prawns
- 1 baby cos lettuce
- 1 slice/crust of bread, roughly torn
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, diced
- 2 eggs
- Fresh coriander leaves (garnish)
- Fresh Dill fronds (garnish)
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup honey yoghurt
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of cheek of lemon
- 4 anchovies, finely diced
- 2 spring onions, white part only, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp coriander stem, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, finely diced
- Peel and devein prawns. Make an incision on the underside from the head to the tail and flatten into a cutlet.
- Add all marinade ingredients into a small bowl and mix to combine. Pour over the prawns and set aside.
- Place the eggs in boiling water for 6 minutes, refresh in cold water, peel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon into a frypan over medium heat and fry off for 1-2 minutes, adding a little oil if required. Add the pieces of bread and fry off for another 4-5 minutes until deep-golden. Season lightly and to taste with sea salt.
- Place all dressing ingredients into a small bowl and mix well to combine, adjust seasoning to taste.
- Place a griddle pan or BBQ on high. When smoking, place the prawns back-side down and cook for approximately 2 minutes. When a nice char has developed, flip for 3 seconds to finish.
- To assemble, place a generous amount of dressing down onto a platter. Follow with intermittent layers of cos lettuce leaves and prawns. Place the eggs on the top and season with a touch of salt. Garnish with extra coriander leaves and dill fronds. Sprinkle the bacon and croutons over the top, finish with a drizzle of oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...