My One-Pan ChilaquilesElena Duggan
- 100g Corn Chips (could be substituted with home cooked sweet potato chips)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 bunch coriander, stalks only, finely diced
- 700g passata + 100g water
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp pink salt
- 150g pulled pork
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch Coriander, leaves only
- 150g Sour Cream
- For the salsa, soften onion, capsicum and coriander stalks in olive oil, over a medium heat in a heavy-based ovenproof fry pan.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper. Deglaze pan with passata, add just enough water to clean out the jar. Adjust seasoning to taste. Allow reducing for up to five minutes.
- Place corn chips into salsa and let soak for as long as desired – longer for a soggy chip and polenta-like base.
- Scatter beans, pork, and cheese evenly over the surface creating wells for the eggs. Crack eggs into wells.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until eggs are just set.
- Serve immediately, with avocado and coriander and more cheese or sour cream as desired.
- Before adding the eggs into the pan, you can also serve the Chilaquiles as is, with two fried eggs on the side.
- You could also cook the Chilaquiles and eggs in the oven using a ovenproof frypan.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...