My One-Pan ChilaquilesElena Duggan
- 100g Corn Chips (could be substituted with home cooked sweet potato chips)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 bunch coriander, stalks only, finely diced
- 700g passata + 100g water
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp pink salt
- 150g pulled pork
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch Coriander, leaves only
- 150g Sour Cream
- For the salsa, soften onion, capsicum and coriander stalks in olive oil, over a medium heat in a heavy-based ovenproof fry pan.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper. Deglaze pan with passata, add just enough water to clean out the jar. Adjust seasoning to taste. Allow reducing for up to five minutes.
- Place corn chips into salsa and let soak for as long as desired – longer for a soggy chip and polenta-like base.
- Scatter beans, pork, and cheese evenly over the surface creating wells for the eggs. Crack eggs into wells.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until eggs are just set.
- Serve immediately, with avocado and coriander and more cheese or sour cream as desired.
- Before adding the eggs into the pan, you can also serve the Chilaquiles as is, with two fried eggs on the side.
- You could also cook the Chilaquiles and eggs in the oven using a ovenproof frypan.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...