My One-Pan ChilaquilesElena Duggan
- 100g Corn Chips (could be substituted with home cooked sweet potato chips)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 bunch coriander, stalks only, finely diced
- 700g passata + 100g water
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp pink salt
- 150g pulled pork
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch Coriander, leaves only
- 150g Sour Cream
- For the salsa, soften onion, capsicum and coriander stalks in olive oil, over a medium heat in a heavy-based ovenproof fry pan.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper. Deglaze pan with passata, add just enough water to clean out the jar. Adjust seasoning to taste. Allow reducing for up to five minutes.
- Place corn chips into salsa and let soak for as long as desired – longer for a soggy chip and polenta-like base.
- Scatter beans, pork, and cheese evenly over the surface creating wells for the eggs. Crack eggs into wells.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until eggs are just set.
- Serve immediately, with avocado and coriander and more cheese or sour cream as desired.
- Before adding the eggs into the pan, you can also serve the Chilaquiles as is, with two fried eggs on the side.
- You could also cook the Chilaquiles and eggs in the oven using a ovenproof frypan.
Ingredients: 2 cup caster sugar 2 cups soy sauce 1 cup shao-hsing wine 3L water 2 inch piece ginger 8 cloves garlic 6 spring onions, 5cm batons 8 star anise 8 coriander seeds 4 cinnamon quills 4 cloves 2 pork trotters Method: Place an even layer of sugar in a large...
Ingredients: 2 cups of black-eyed beans 1 bunch of English spinach (or baby spinach, if preferred), Roughly chopped and thoroughly washed 6 spring onions, finely chopped 1 onion, sliced 1/2 cup of olive oil 1 tbsp white wine vinegar juice of 1 lemon a few sprigs of...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes and Big4 Holiday Parks Assortment of Sausages 100ml Mayonnaise ½ bulb of roasted black garlic ½ lemon juiced Long metal skewers Method: Grill your sausages on your bbq until...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian InspirationsSalmon: 200g Fresh Australian salmon, skin on, pin bones removed 50ml Vegetable oil Miso Glaze: 50g White miso paste 50ml Obento Mirin Seasoning 50g Sugar Togarashi Crackers: 1 each...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 brown onion, finely grated 2 cloves garlic, finely grated 1g saffron threads 400g Arborio Rice ½ cup dry white wine 1.5 Litres Vegetable stock 50g unsalted butter 125g parmesan, finely grated Method:...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...