My One-Pan ChilaquilesElena Duggan
- 100g Corn Chips (could be substituted with home cooked sweet potato chips)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 bunch coriander, stalks only, finely diced
- 700g passata + 100g water
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp pink salt
- 150g pulled pork
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch Coriander, leaves only
- 150g Sour Cream
- For the salsa, soften onion, capsicum and coriander stalks in olive oil, over a medium heat in a heavy-based ovenproof fry pan.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper. Deglaze pan with passata, add just enough water to clean out the jar. Adjust seasoning to taste. Allow reducing for up to five minutes.
- Place corn chips into salsa and let soak for as long as desired – longer for a soggy chip and polenta-like base.
- Scatter beans, pork, and cheese evenly over the surface creating wells for the eggs. Crack eggs into wells.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until eggs are just set.
- Serve immediately, with avocado and coriander and more cheese or sour cream as desired.
- Before adding the eggs into the pan, you can also serve the Chilaquiles as is, with two fried eggs on the side.
- You could also cook the Chilaquiles and eggs in the oven using a ovenproof frypan.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...