My One-Pan ChilaquilesElena Duggan
- 100g Corn Chips (could be substituted with home cooked sweet potato chips)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 bunch coriander, stalks only, finely diced
- 700g passata + 100g water
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp pink salt
- 150g pulled pork
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch Coriander, leaves only
- 150g Sour Cream
- For the salsa, soften onion, capsicum and coriander stalks in olive oil, over a medium heat in a heavy-based ovenproof fry pan.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper. Deglaze pan with passata, add just enough water to clean out the jar. Adjust seasoning to taste. Allow reducing for up to five minutes.
- Place corn chips into salsa and let soak for as long as desired – longer for a soggy chip and polenta-like base.
- Scatter beans, pork, and cheese evenly over the surface creating wells for the eggs. Crack eggs into wells.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until eggs are just set.
- Serve immediately, with avocado and coriander and more cheese or sour cream as desired.
- Before adding the eggs into the pan, you can also serve the Chilaquiles as is, with two fried eggs on the side.
- You could also cook the Chilaquiles and eggs in the oven using a ovenproof frypan.
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...