Nduja & Manchego CroquettesMike Reid
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 100g Plain Flour
- 100ml Milk
- 100ml Chicken stock
- 100g Nduja, chopped roughly
- 100g Manchego cheese, finely grated
- 50g Parmesan Cheese, finely
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 80g Plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 75g panko breadcrumbs
- Serve with a fruit chutney to balance the heat
- Over a medium heated pan add your olive oil and nduja and fry off for a few minutes until it looks slightly rendered and is releasing the oils. Then add your flour and stir until combined.
- Slowly add your milk followed by chicken stock a bit at a time until it is all incorporated. This may take a little time.
- Season with your nutmeg, salt and pepper and pull off the heat and fold through your grated cheeses. Leave to chill in a flat tray for about 20 minutes.
- Take your mix out the fridge and shape into croquettes and pop back into the fridge again until needed.
- Get your panne section ready, seasoned flour, then your beaten eggs with a touch of milk and finally your breadcrumbs.
- When ready roll your croquettes into your panne mix in order.
- Shallow fry them in a little oil and serve.