No-Fuss NachosMike Reid & Luke Hines
- 400 g butternut pumpkin, peeled and deseeded
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3–4 tomatoes, finely diced
handful of coriander or flat-leaf parsley
- leaves, to serve
For the salsa
- 2 avocados, finely diced
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- For the cashew cheese
310 g (2 cups) cashew nuts, soaked in boiling water for 1 hour, drained
- 125 ml (1⁄2 cup) filtered water
1 teaspoon sea salt
zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Cut your pumpkin into 3–4 mm thick slices, then cut into irregular corn chip shapes and transfer to a large bowl. Pour in the olive oil and coat well. Add the arrowroot or tapioca flour, paprika and a generous sprinkle of salt. Massage with your hands to get even coverage.
- Arrange the pumpkin triangles in a single layer on the prepared trays, allowing plenty of space between each slice for maximum crispiness. Bake for 20–30 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place all the chunky zesty avocado salsa ingredients in a bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Combine all the creamy cashew cheese ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- When ready to serve, arrange the pumpkin chips on a platter. Dollop on spoonfull’s of the chunky zesty avocado salsa and creamy cashew cheese, scatter over the tomato and sprinkle on the coriander or parsley. Season well with salt and pepper and enjoy.