- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Tamari (or soy sauce )
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- ¼ a red capsicum diced
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 small shallot finely chopped
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- ½ a thumb sized piece of ginger finely chopped
- ½ a long red chilli finely chopped
- 20g of grated pecorino
- 1 tbsp crispy shallots
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 cup rocket (or watercress)
- In a small bowl mix eggs, milk, onion powder, salt and soy sauce. Set aside
- In a small pan on medium heat add 1 tbsp EVOO until hot, add capsicum, garlic, shallot, spring onion, ginger and red chilli.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until soften. Then remove from pan.
- Add 1 tbsp of EVOO into pan and then add the egg mixture on low heat.
- Pull the egg towards the center of the pan every 15 seconds with a silicone spatula until 1⁄2 cooked.
- Add the veggies back into the pan and then top with pecorino.
- Cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove omelette
- Sprinkle crispy shallots over the omelette followed by the black pepper.
- Garnish with rocket or watercress.
Ingredients: 250g fresh pasta 3 large free range eggs 40g parmigiano cheese 150g smoked pancetta / guanciale Sea salt flakes Black pepper Method: In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, parmigiano cheese, salt and pepper. In the meantime, place the diced pancetta into a fry...
Ingredients: Makes 12-24 Leftover Lasagne ¼ cup plain flour 2 eggs 1-2 cups Panko crumbs Anchovy Mayonnaise 1 large egg yolk 1 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp lemon zest 2 Tbsp lemon juice 1 cup light extra virgin olive oil 6-7 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, finely chopped...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian Inspirations Serves 2 240g cabbage (finely chopped) 80g spring onion (finely chopped) 160g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil Batter: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 4 eggs 2 tsp...
Ingredients: 2 brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, chopped 2 carrots, finely diced 2 celery sticks, finely diced 100g pancetta, finely diced 4 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 4 fresh bay leaves 1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped 1/4 bunch sage, finely chopped 150g...
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...