Onion BhajiKhanh Ong
Onion and Zucchini Bhaji
- 150g chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped coriander leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 200 ml of warm water
- 2 large brown onions sliced
- 1 zucchini shredded
- Veg oil for deep frying
- 1⁄2 cup of packed mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup packed coriander leaves
- 1⁄2 a ripe mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 thumb sized ginger chopped
- a pinch of ground cumin
- juice and zest of a lemon
- coriander leaves
- mint leaves
- place flours, salt, chilli flakes, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, coriander leaves into a bowl and mix together
- squeeze in lemon juice and pour water slowly till you get a paste like consistency.
- add the onions and zucchini into the batter and coat evenly
- make sure your oil is hot so when u dip chopsticks in the start to bubble
- drop a heaped tbsp of the onion and zucchini batter into the oil to fry until golden brown and repeat until all the batter is used
- set aside on paper towel to drain
- place all the chutney ingredients into a blender and wizz until smooth
- set aside for serving
- place chutney in small dipping bowl
- place bhaji on a platter and pop the chutney next to them
- cover bahji with coriander and mint leaves
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...