Onion BhajiKhanh Ong
Onion and Zucchini Bhaji
- 150g chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped coriander leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 200 ml of warm water
- 2 large brown onions sliced
- 1 zucchini shredded
- Veg oil for deep frying
- 1⁄2 cup of packed mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup packed coriander leaves
- 1⁄2 a ripe mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 thumb sized ginger chopped
- a pinch of ground cumin
- juice and zest of a lemon
- coriander leaves
- mint leaves
- place flours, salt, chilli flakes, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, coriander leaves into a bowl and mix together
- squeeze in lemon juice and pour water slowly till you get a paste like consistency.
- add the onions and zucchini into the batter and coat evenly
- make sure your oil is hot so when u dip chopsticks in the start to bubble
- drop a heaped tbsp of the onion and zucchini batter into the oil to fry until golden brown and repeat until all the batter is used
- set aside on paper towel to drain
- place all the chutney ingredients into a blender and wizz until smooth
- set aside for serving
- place chutney in small dipping bowl
- place bhaji on a platter and pop the chutney next to them
- cover bahji with coriander and mint leaves
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...