Onion BhajiKhanh Ong
Onion and Zucchini Bhaji
- 150g chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped coriander leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 200 ml of warm water
- 2 large brown onions sliced
- 1 zucchini shredded
- Veg oil for deep frying
- 1⁄2 cup of packed mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup packed coriander leaves
- 1⁄2 a ripe mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 thumb sized ginger chopped
- a pinch of ground cumin
- juice and zest of a lemon
- coriander leaves
- mint leaves
- place flours, salt, chilli flakes, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, coriander leaves into a bowl and mix together
- squeeze in lemon juice and pour water slowly till you get a paste like consistency.
- add the onions and zucchini into the batter and coat evenly
- make sure your oil is hot so when u dip chopsticks in the start to bubble
- drop a heaped tbsp of the onion and zucchini batter into the oil to fry until golden brown and repeat until all the batter is used
- set aside on paper towel to drain
- place all the chutney ingredients into a blender and wizz until smooth
- set aside for serving
- place chutney in small dipping bowl
- place bhaji on a platter and pop the chutney next to them
- cover bahji with coriander and mint leaves
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...