Onion BhajiKhanh Ong
Onion and Zucchini Bhaji
- 150g chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped coriander leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 200 ml of warm water
- 2 large brown onions sliced
- 1 zucchini shredded
- Veg oil for deep frying
- 1⁄2 cup of packed mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup packed coriander leaves
- 1⁄2 a ripe mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 thumb sized ginger chopped
- a pinch of ground cumin
- juice and zest of a lemon
- coriander leaves
- mint leaves
- place flours, salt, chilli flakes, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, coriander leaves into a bowl and mix together
- squeeze in lemon juice and pour water slowly till you get a paste like consistency.
- add the onions and zucchini into the batter and coat evenly
- make sure your oil is hot so when u dip chopsticks in the start to bubble
- drop a heaped tbsp of the onion and zucchini batter into the oil to fry until golden brown and repeat until all the batter is used
- set aside on paper towel to drain
- place all the chutney ingredients into a blender and wizz until smooth
- set aside for serving
- place chutney in small dipping bowl
- place bhaji on a platter and pop the chutney next to them
- cover bahji with coriander and mint leaves
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...