Onion BhajiKhanh Ong
Onion and Zucchini Bhaji
- 150g chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped coriander leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 200 ml of warm water
- 2 large brown onions sliced
- 1 zucchini shredded
- Veg oil for deep frying
- 1⁄2 cup of packed mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup packed coriander leaves
- 1⁄2 a ripe mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 thumb sized ginger chopped
- a pinch of ground cumin
- juice and zest of a lemon
- coriander leaves
- mint leaves
- place flours, salt, chilli flakes, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, coriander leaves into a bowl and mix together
- squeeze in lemon juice and pour water slowly till you get a paste like consistency.
- add the onions and zucchini into the batter and coat evenly
- make sure your oil is hot so when u dip chopsticks in the start to bubble
- drop a heaped tbsp of the onion and zucchini batter into the oil to fry until golden brown and repeat until all the batter is used
- set aside on paper towel to drain
- place all the chutney ingredients into a blender and wizz until smooth
- set aside for serving
- place chutney in small dipping bowl
- place bhaji on a platter and pop the chutney next to them
- cover bahji with coriander and mint leaves
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...