Orecchiette with BroccoliniAdam D’Sylva
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh
- 500g orecchiette pasta
- Table salt for pasta water
- 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well
- 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets (optional)
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf.
- Thyme sprigs
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Parmesan to garnish
- In a heavy based pot, sauté chilli and garlic with olive oil until aromatic. Deglaze pot with 1 cup of water. Add broccoli and thyme. Cook for approx. 30 minutes until broccoli is tender. Add 1 cup of water whilst cooking.
- In a large pot of boiling water, add salt to taste like the sea. Add orecchiette pasta and cook until ¾ cooked, so still quite underdone. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before straining pasta.
- Add parsley and cooked orecchiette together. Stir and cook for a further until the sauce covers pasta.
- Check for seasoning, there should be enough salt from the pasta water and freshly cracked pepper.
- Grate parmesan on top.