Pad Med Mamuang TempehChef Mod
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 2 cup Tempeh (diced in 1.5 cm)
- 1⁄2 cup Plain flour (for dust the tempeh)
- 1⁄4 cup Red capsicum (2 cm diced)
- 1⁄4 cup Green capsicum (2 cm diced)
- 1⁄4 cup Yellow capsicum (2 cm diced)
- 1⁄2 cup Brown onion (2 cm diced)
- 1 tbsp Garlic 1 tbs (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup Spring onion (cut 2 inch long)
- 1⁄2 cup Cashew nut
- 1⁄4 cup Dried red chili
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Thai chili paste in soybean oil
- 2 tbsp Water
- Oil for deep fried
- Put oil on medium heat
- Deep fry cashew nut until LIGHTLY golden (the cashew nut will continue cooking after take
out from the oil), set aside
- Deep fry dried chili for 10 seconds, set aside
- Coat tempeh with flour then deep fry until golden brown, set aside
- Heat oil in a pan until hot
- Add garlic and onion then stir fry for 1 minute, then turn to high heat
- Add capsicum then stir fry for another 1 min
- Add all sauces, chili paste and water in the pan, mix well
- Add tempeh and toss to get the sauce coat the tempeh
- Add cashew nut, spring onion, and fried chili
- Ready to serve
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Viognier.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...