Pad Med Mamuang TempehChef Mod
Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Asian Inspirations
- 2 cup Tempeh (diced in 1.5 cm)
- 1⁄2 cup Plain flour (for dust the tempeh)
- 1⁄4 cup Red capsicum (2 cm diced)
- 1⁄4 cup Green capsicum (2 cm diced)
- 1⁄4 cup Yellow capsicum (2 cm diced)
- 1⁄2 cup Brown onion (2 cm diced)
- 1 tbsp Garlic 1 tbs (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup Spring onion (cut 2 inch long)
- 1⁄2 cup Cashew nut
- 1⁄4 cup Dried red chili
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Thai chili paste in soybean oil
- 2 tbsp Water
- Oil for deep fried
- Put oil on medium heat
- Deep fry cashew nut until LIGHTLY golden (the cashew nut will continue cooking after take
out from the oil), set aside
- Deep fry dried chili for 10 seconds, set aside
- Coat tempeh with flour then deep fry until golden brown, set aside
- Heat oil in a pan until hot
- Add garlic and onion then stir fry for 1 minute, then turn to high heat
- Add capsicum then stir fry for another 1 min
- Add all sauces, chili paste and water in the pan, mix well
- Add tempeh and toss to get the sauce coat the tempeh
- Add cashew nut, spring onion, and fried chili
- Ready to serve
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Viognier.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...