Pan Fried CauliflowerMike Reid
Recipe brought to you by our friends at Velisha Farms
Purple Cauliflower Puree
- 200g Purple Cauliflower
- 50g butter
- 75ml Milk
- 200g Chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 florets of White cauliflower
- 2 florets of Purple cauliflower
- 100ml water
- 50ml caster sugar
- 50ml rice vinegar
- Whole Cauliflower, quite large one
- 100g Butter
- Kale, crisps
Purple Cauliflower Puree
- On a medium heat pan, add your butter and slightly sweat of your cauliflower. Add in your milk and water and bring to a boil before reducing to a simmer until cooked covered. Blitz to a smooth consistency whilst still warm
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
- Bring your sugar, vinegar and water to a boil before adding the cauliflower and removing from the heat. Leave to infuse for as long as possible best after 4 days
- Slice your cauliflower into steaks.
- Heat your pan over a medium heat and add your butter. Then add your cauliflower and baste continuously whilst cooking. Ensuring you get a lovely golden brown colour before turning.
- To plate, warm your cauliflower puree before adding it to the plating by swiping down in different directions. Then add your cauliflower steak and garnish with the pickles and kale crisps
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...