Pan Fried CauliflowerMike Reid
Recipe brought to you by our friends at Velisha Farms
Purple Cauliflower Puree
- 200g Purple Cauliflower
- 50g butter
- 75ml Milk
- 200g Chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 florets of White cauliflower
- 2 florets of Purple cauliflower
- 100ml water
- 50ml caster sugar
- 50ml rice vinegar
- Whole Cauliflower, quite large one
- 100g Butter
- Kale, crisps
Purple Cauliflower Puree
- On a medium heat pan, add your butter and slightly sweat of your cauliflower. Add in your milk and water and bring to a boil before reducing to a simmer until cooked covered. Blitz to a smooth consistency whilst still warm
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
- Bring your sugar, vinegar and water to a boil before adding the cauliflower and removing from the heat. Leave to infuse for as long as possible best after 4 days
- Slice your cauliflower into steaks.
- Heat your pan over a medium heat and add your butter. Then add your cauliflower and baste continuously whilst cooking. Ensuring you get a lovely golden brown colour before turning.
- To plate, warm your cauliflower puree before adding it to the plating by swiping down in different directions. Then add your cauliflower steak and garnish with the pickles and kale crisps
Ingredients: 110g Safcol Sardines in Springwater, drained 2 tbsp oil 1 clove garlic, sliced 2 slices ginger, julienned 2 spring onions, cut to 2cm lengths 1 tbsp brandy (you may substitute this with Chinese cooking wine) 2 tsp black bean sauce (available in the Asian...
Ingredients: Makes 500ml 500g Red chilli 125g Red onion 25g garlic cloves 250ml lime juice 125ml fish sauce 125g sugar caster 50ml soy sauce 50ml rice vinegar Method: Blitz red chilli, onion and garlic in the robo-coup on pulse setting, it should still be quite coarse...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 packet Udon Noodles (Hakubaku brand preferred) 250g smoked trout, torn into bite-sized slices 200g mesclun or butter lettuce, roughly torn 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, sliced 3 spring onions, thinly sliced 1 cup fresh...
Ingredients: This recipe is brought to you with the help from our friends at Velisha Farms 800g Doncaster & black Russians Tomatoes, chopped ½ Red Onion, thinly sliced 1 Tbsp vinaigrette 1 Lemon, zest 10g Wild Rocket Dressing: 200ml Early harvest Olive oil 3 Tbsp...
Ingredients: Makes 2 2 Tbsp olive oil 2 clove garlic, finely chopped 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1 green chilli, finely chopped ½ bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped ½ tsp ground turmeric 1 tsp chilli powder 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground coriander 4 Eggs,...
Ingredients:Serves 1 150g Wagyu Thick Skirt 1 Hens Egg ½ Tomato, Sliced Sprigs of fresh Watercress ½ Onion, Sliced & Sautéed ½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard 1 Tbsp Spiced Tomato Chutney 1 Medium sized seeded baguette cut in half Method: Grill the wagyu from room...