Pan Fried CauliflowerMike Reid
Recipe brought to you by our friends at Velisha Farms
Purple Cauliflower Puree
- 200g Purple Cauliflower
- 50g butter
- 75ml Milk
- 200g Chickpeas
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 florets of White cauliflower
- 2 florets of Purple cauliflower
- 100ml water
- 50ml caster sugar
- 50ml rice vinegar
- Whole Cauliflower, quite large one
- 100g Butter
- Kale, crisps
Purple Cauliflower Puree
- On a medium heat pan, add your butter and slightly sweat of your cauliflower. Add in your milk and water and bring to a boil before reducing to a simmer until cooked covered. Blitz to a smooth consistency whilst still warm
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
- Bring your sugar, vinegar and water to a boil before adding the cauliflower and removing from the heat. Leave to infuse for as long as possible best after 4 days
- Slice your cauliflower into steaks.
- Heat your pan over a medium heat and add your butter. Then add your cauliflower and baste continuously whilst cooking. Ensuring you get a lovely golden brown colour before turning.
- To plate, warm your cauliflower puree before adding it to the plating by swiping down in different directions. Then add your cauliflower steak and garnish with the pickles and kale crisps
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...