Peanut Nah Jim Prawn Salad and Peanut BrittleKay-Lene Tan & Adam D'Sylva
- 30g Water
- 500g Sucrose
- 60g White vinegar
- 60g White sesame seeds
- 560g Peanuts
Peanut Nam Jim
- 200g cooked prawns
- 2 long green chillies, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tbsp Squid fish sauce
- 1 tbsp grated palm sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Lightly toast white sesame seeds, and peanuts. Mix together, and put everything flat onto a Silpat.
- Bring water, sucrose, and white vinegar to 150°c. Pour over white sesame seeds, and peanuts.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Smash into pieces with mortar, and pestle.
Peanut Nam Jim
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process or blend until almost smooth.
- Toss with prawns and serve with extra peanuts, coriander & sesame seeds
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...