Peanut Nah Jim Prawn Salad and Peanut BrittleKay-Lene Tan & Adam D'Sylva
- 30g Water
- 500g Sucrose
- 60g White vinegar
- 60g White sesame seeds
- 560g Peanuts
Peanut Nam Jim
- 200g cooked prawns
- 2 long green chillies, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp peanuts
- 1 tbsp Squid fish sauce
- 1 tbsp grated palm sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Lightly toast white sesame seeds, and peanuts. Mix together, and put everything flat onto a Silpat.
- Bring water, sucrose, and white vinegar to 150°c. Pour over white sesame seeds, and peanuts.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Smash into pieces with mortar, and pestle.
Peanut Nam Jim
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process or blend until almost smooth.
- Toss with prawns and serve with extra peanuts, coriander & sesame seeds
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Pinot Gris.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...