Penne Cacio PepeTobie Puttock
- 320g of dried penne pasta
- 250g freshly grated pecorino or parmesan cheese or a combo of the two.
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated black pepper plus a little extra for finishing.
- Best quality extra virgin olive oil.
- Plunge the penne into the boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking add the grated cheese and black pepper into a large mixing bowl with a tablespoon or so of the hot pasta water, use a spoon to mix the cheeses with the water while smearing the now melting cheese around the sides of the bowl.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain out the water, reserving a half cup, add the hot pasta to the bowl with the cheese along with a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin oil. Immediately turn the hot pasta in the cheese using a spoon so the hot pasta gets a coating of the silky melted cheese, if the mixture
- If it seems too thick add a little of the reserved pasta water to the mixture.
Serve with a little extra grated pepper.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Montepulciano.
Picnic Cheese Board
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Roasted Brussel Sprout Salad
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Salt & Pepper Squid Cones
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Zucchini Flower & Ricotta Tart
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
Orecchiette with Broccolini
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Okonomiyaki (Japanese Pancake)
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...