Penne Cacio PepeTobie Puttock
- 320g of dried penne pasta
- 250g freshly grated pecorino or parmesan cheese or a combo of the two.
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated black pepper plus a little extra for finishing.
- Best quality extra virgin olive oil.
- Plunge the penne into the boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking add the grated cheese and black pepper into a large mixing bowl with a tablespoon or so of the hot pasta water, use a spoon to mix the cheeses with the water while smearing the now melting cheese around the sides of the bowl.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain out the water, reserving a half cup, add the hot pasta to the bowl with the cheese along with a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin oil. Immediately turn the hot pasta in the cheese using a spoon so the hot pasta gets a coating of the silky melted cheese, if the mixture
- If it seems too thick add a little of the reserved pasta water to the mixture.
Serve with a little extra grated pepper.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Montepulciano.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...