Penne Cacio PepeTobie Puttock
- 320g of dried penne pasta
- 250g freshly grated pecorino or parmesan cheese or a combo of the two.
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated black pepper plus a little extra for finishing.
- Best quality extra virgin olive oil.
- Plunge the penne into the boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking add the grated cheese and black pepper into a large mixing bowl with a tablespoon or so of the hot pasta water, use a spoon to mix the cheeses with the water while smearing the now melting cheese around the sides of the bowl.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain out the water, reserving a half cup, add the hot pasta to the bowl with the cheese along with a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin oil. Immediately turn the hot pasta in the cheese using a spoon so the hot pasta gets a coating of the silky melted cheese, if the mixture
- If it seems too thick add a little of the reserved pasta water to the mixture.
Serve with a little extra grated pepper.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Montepulciano.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...