Peri Peri Prawn RollsWarren Mendes
- 16 XL green prawns, peeled
- 4 x brioche or milk buns
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1 lebanese cucumber, sliced into ribbons
Peri Peri Sauce:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 10 birds eye chillies, deseeded
- 4 garlic cloves
- 20g ginger
- Zest & flesh of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of salt
- For the peri peri sauce, place all the ingredients in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan over medium heat and stir for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a large frypan over medium high heat. Drizzle with a little oil then add the prawns, season with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly scorched. Add half the peri peri sauce and allow to bubble and coat all the prawns, remove from the heat.
- To assemble, split the rolls and spread one side with mayonnaise. Top with lettuce and cucumber then some prawns and a little more peri peri sauce. Spread a little more mayo on the bun lid and close.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Semillon Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: 9 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 small garlic clove, thinly sliced 2 tsp good-quality olive oil 1 tsp balsamic vinegar 5 basil leaves, torn, plus a few extra to serve if you like 5 pitted olives, sliced 2 large free-range egg 1 tsp small capers, rinsed salt...
Ingredients: Leftover Spaghetti Bolognese Sliced white bread Mozzarella Smoked mozzarella Grated Parmesan Butter Olive oil Mayo Pesto Salt and pepper Method: Place a scoop of pasta on one side of the bread. Then grate up your 3 cheeses and place on the other side of...
Ingredients: 250g Walnuts 250g Hazelnuts 250g Macadamia nuts 125g Pumpkin seeds 125g Sunflower seeds 60g Butter, unsalted 2 Tbsp Honey, Mr Noons honeycomb 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp Rosemary, finely chopped 1 Tbsp Cognac Method: Preheat oven to 180* Prepare...
Client - That’s Amore Cheese Typically from Puglia, this fresh creamy cheese has gained more and more popularity in the past few years, not only in Italy but overseas. Burrata is a fresh, handmade cow's milk cheese made from mozzarella and cream and it can be used in...
Ingredients: 150g guanciale, diced 3 eggs, whisked 200g pecorino cheese, grated Black pepper Salt Method: Add salt to a pot of water, and bring to a boil. Cook your pasta until al dente. In a frying pan, add the guanciale on low heat and allow it to render out the...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...