Peri Peri Prawn RollsWarren Mendes
- 16 XL green prawns, peeled
- 4 x brioche or milk buns
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1 lebanese cucumber, sliced into ribbons
Peri Peri Sauce:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 10 birds eye chillies, deseeded
- 4 garlic cloves
- 20g ginger
- Zest & flesh of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of salt
- For the peri peri sauce, place all the ingredients in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan over medium heat and stir for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a large frypan over medium high heat. Drizzle with a little oil then add the prawns, season with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly scorched. Add half the peri peri sauce and allow to bubble and coat all the prawns, remove from the heat.
- To assemble, split the rolls and spread one side with mayonnaise. Top with lettuce and cucumber then some prawns and a little more peri peri sauce. Spread a little more mayo on the bun lid and close.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Semillon Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients: Hard Cheese Soft Cheese Blue Cheese 1 baguette A bunch of Green Grapes Honeycomb Salami (sliced) Smoked Salmon Dip Artisan Crackers Beetroot dip Poppy Seed Skordalia Dip Dukkah Stuffed Bell Peppers Marinated Olives (pitted) Method: There are no rules or...
Ingredients: 700g sprouts (500g trimmed whole, 200g thinly sliced) 3 garlic cloves, crushed 100g kale, thinly shredded 1 red onion, thinly sliced 150ml olive oil 3 lemons, juiced 2 anchovies in oil, chopped 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard 80g hazelnuts, toasted and...
Ingredients: 1 tbsp sea salt flakes 1 tbsp cracked black pepper 8 cleaned squid tubes, thinly sliced Vegetable oil, for deep-frying 1 cup self-raising flour ½ cup mayonnaise Lemon wedges, to serve Method: Place the salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine....
Serves 4 Ingredients: 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved 500g fresh ricotta 8 slices prosciutto 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Sea salt and cracked black pepper 6 zucchini flowers, halved and stamens removed, or 1 zucchini,...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 500g orecchiette pasta Table salt for pasta water 2 heads broccolini, cut into small pieces, use stalk as well 4 birds eye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped 4...
Ingredients: ½ of a Wombok Cabbage (Shredded ) 3 Carrots (2 grated & 1 julienned) Daikon (julienned) - optional 3 eggs 1 cup of Corn Flour Spring Onions (Chopped) Mint Black & White Sesame Seeds Caster Sugar White Vinegar Kewpie Hoisin Chilli - optional Fried...