Peri Peri Prawn RollsWarren Mendes
- 16 XL green prawns, peeled
- 4 x brioche or milk buns
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 baby cos lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1 lebanese cucumber, sliced into ribbons
Peri Peri Sauce:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 10 birds eye chillies, deseeded
- 4 garlic cloves
- 20g ginger
- Zest & flesh of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of salt
- For the peri peri sauce, place all the ingredients in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan over medium heat and stir for 6-8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a large frypan over medium high heat. Drizzle with a little oil then add the prawns, season with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly scorched. Add half the peri peri sauce and allow to bubble and coat all the prawns, remove from the heat.
- To assemble, split the rolls and spread one side with mayonnaise. Top with lettuce and cucumber then some prawns and a little more peri peri sauce. Spread a little more mayo on the bun lid and close.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Semillon Sauvignon Blanc.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...