Persimmon Almond and Bundt CakeWarren Mendes
- 400-500g weight of ripe persimmon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 ¼ cup caster sugar
- 250g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 XL eggs, at room temp
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla bean extract
- 300g (2 cups) self raising flour
- 100g almond meal
- 1 ¼ cup icing sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup thick Greek style yoghurt
- Butter a 23cm bundt pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 170 conventional.
- Place the drained apricot, honey, sugar, in a large bowl and use a stick blender to break down the fruit. Add the butter, eggs, vinegar, oil, vanilla and a pinch of salt and process to combine until smooth. Fold through the flour and almond meal using a large spoon or spatula then pour into a well greased 23cm bundt pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack.
- For the icing, combine the yoghurt and icing sugar. Once the cake has cooled, drizzle over the icing and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Late harvest Riesling.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...
Ingredients: 2 ¼ cups plain flour, sifted 1 ½ tsp baking powder ½ tsp salt ½ cup brown sugar ½ cup caster sugar 60gm unsalted butter, melted, cooled 3 eggs, room temperature 100gm flaked almonds, lightly toasted Chai Spice Mix: 1 tsp ground ginger 1 tsp ground...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 125gm unsalted butter, softened 100gm caster sugar Zest of 2 oranges Zest of 1 lemon 200gm self-raising flour 1 tsp baking powder 20gm poppyseeds 2 eggs 140ml milk Rum Custard: 125ml milk 125ml thickened cream 3 large egg yolks 3 Tbsp caster...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Big 4 300g Blueberries frozen 300g Apples 1 small orange, juice only 2 tbsp soft brown sugar For the cobbler topping 175g (white or wholemeal) 100g unsalted butter, softened 25g/1oz porridge oats 50g...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 cups shiraz 1 cup water 2 cups sugar 10 cloves 2 cinnamon sticks 4 small – medium ripe pears Ricotta & Blue Cheese Cream: 500g ricotta 4 tbsp honey (see notes) 50g blue cheese (see notes) Zest of ½ lemon Finely chopped pistachios (see...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 Hotcakes: 1 cup plain flour, sifted 1 tsp baking powder 1 tbsp brown sugar ½ tsp salt ¾ cup buttermilk 4 eggs, separated 250g fresh ricotta Oil or butter 100g flaked almonds, lightly toasted Mandarin Syrup: 150ml mandarin juice 1 Tbsp lemon...