Persimmon Almond and Bundt CakeWarren Mendes
- 400-500g weight of ripe persimmon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 ¼ cup caster sugar
- 250g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 XL eggs, at room temp
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla bean extract
- 300g (2 cups) self raising flour
- 100g almond meal
- 1 ¼ cup icing sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup thick Greek style yoghurt
- Butter a 23cm bundt pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 170 conventional.
- Place the drained apricot, honey, sugar, in a large bowl and use a stick blender to break down the fruit. Add the butter, eggs, vinegar, oil, vanilla and a pinch of salt and process to combine until smooth. Fold through the flour and almond meal using a large spoon or spatula then pour into a well greased 23cm bundt pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack.
- For the icing, combine the yoghurt and icing sugar. Once the cake has cooled, drizzle over the icing and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Late harvest Riesling.
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...