Persimmon Almond and Bundt CakeWarren Mendes
- 400-500g weight of ripe persimmon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 ¼ cup caster sugar
- 250g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 XL eggs, at room temp
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla bean extract
- 300g (2 cups) self raising flour
- 100g almond meal
- 1 ¼ cup icing sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup thick Greek style yoghurt
- Butter a 23cm bundt pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 170 conventional.
- Place the drained apricot, honey, sugar, in a large bowl and use a stick blender to break down the fruit. Add the butter, eggs, vinegar, oil, vanilla and a pinch of salt and process to combine until smooth. Fold through the flour and almond meal using a large spoon or spatula then pour into a well greased 23cm bundt pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack.
- For the icing, combine the yoghurt and icing sugar. Once the cake has cooled, drizzle over the icing and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Late harvest Riesling.
Ingredients: 2 eggs 200g Flour 2 tbsp Caster Sugar 200ml Milk Butter Lemon Juice Honey Method: In a large mixing bowl add your flour eggs and sugar and then slowly pour in your milk bit by bit while whisking to avoid any lumps. Keep whisking until the batter has come...
Ingredients: 300 g dairy-free margarine 300 g gluten-free plain flour , plus extra for dusting 300 g golden caster sugar 4 large free-range eggs 3 lemons 2 oranges 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder ½ teaspoon xanthan gum 100 g icing sugar Method: Preheat the oven...
Ingredients: 150g dark chocolate 64%, roughly chopped 100ml olive oil 4 large free-range eggs, at room temperature, separated ¼ tsp Sea salt 50g caster sugar Method: Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or in a large heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of...
Ingredients:Makes 6–8 400 g fresh pitted or frozen and thawed cherries 180 g (2 cups) desiccated coconut250 ml (1 cup) maple syrup 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil, warm 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or powder 220 g (1 cup) cacao butter125 g (1 cup) cacao powder...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 2 punnets Perfection Fresh raspberries 2 bananas, frozen ½ cup milk (or dairy-free alternative) 2tbs maple syrup 1tsp vanilla extract 1 punnet Perfection Fresh raspberries, to...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 2cups of water Rind of approx 1 lemon 3 tsp vanilla essence 3 cups self raising flour 1/3 cup of caster sugar 240g fresh ricotta cubed small Vegetable oil for frying Caster Sugar & cinnamon for coating Method: Whisk eggs until fluffy. Add 2...