Persimmon Almond and Bundt CakeWarren Mendes
- 400-500g weight of ripe persimmon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 ¼ cup caster sugar
- 250g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 XL eggs, at room temp
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp vanilla bean extract
- 300g (2 cups) self raising flour
- 100g almond meal
- 1 ¼ cup icing sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup thick Greek style yoghurt
- Butter a 23cm bundt pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 170 conventional.
- Place the drained apricot, honey, sugar, in a large bowl and use a stick blender to break down the fruit. Add the butter, eggs, vinegar, oil, vanilla and a pinch of salt and process to combine until smooth. Fold through the flour and almond meal using a large spoon or spatula then pour into a well greased 23cm bundt pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then invert onto a cooling rack.
- For the icing, combine the yoghurt and icing sugar. Once the cake has cooled, drizzle over the icing and serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Late harvest Riesling.
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life. Ingredients: 2 Bananas 300g of raw Cashews (unsalted & unroasted) 6 - 8 Pitted Dates 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon powder 2 tablespoons of Raw cacao powder Cacao Nibs Pinch of Salt Method: In a food...