Pesto Buddha BowlElena Duggan
- 500g Quinoa or 500g Cauliflower Rice
- Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Broccolini
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 1 lge Zuchinni
- 150g Green Beans
- ½ bunch Spring Onions
- 150g Homemade or store bought pesto
- 1 Lemon, additional to taste
- Baby Basil leaves
- 2 Eggs
- 1 poached or smoked organic chicken breast
- 1 Avocado
- Brussels sprouts
- Green capsicum
- Baby Spinach
- 1 head of garlic, previously confit
- 1 med lemon, previously confit
- 1 large bunch of basil, leaves only
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- 50g Pine nuts
- Ground Black pepper, to taste
- 250g Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Blitz pesto ingredients until paste is formed; continue to blitz until desired consistency – add additional lemon juice to taste and to loosen if necessary. Adjust seasoning to taste as desired. Set aside.
- Heat oil in the fry pan over medium heat.
- Stir fry one green ingredient at a time, until colour turns vibrant green but texture remains aldente.
- In a large bowl, place quinoa and each green ingredient. Toss through desired quantity of pesto, while all still warm.
- Serve with eggs, chicken, avocado as desired. Garnish with baby basil leaves, additional dressing where desired.
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...
Ingredients: Serves 4 2 medium eggplant 2 tablespoons of olive oil ½ cup miso paste 4 tablespoons mirin 2 tablespoons sugar 2 tablespoons sake White sesame seeds for garnish Method: Preheat the oven to 220C. Slice the eggplants in half and carefully score the eggplant...
Ingredients: Serves 4-6 1tbsp whole white peppercorns 2tbsp grated fresh turmeric 1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 5 thinly sliced cloves Juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve 5 coriander roots (from a fresh bunch) 1kg Ling, scaled,...