Pesto Buddha BowlElena Duggan
- 500g Quinoa or 500g Cauliflower Rice
- Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Broccolini
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 1 lge Zuchinni
- 150g Green Beans
- ½ bunch Spring Onions
- 150g Homemade or store bought pesto
- 1 Lemon, additional to taste
- Baby Basil leaves
- 2 Eggs
- 1 poached or smoked organic chicken breast
- 1 Avocado
- Brussels sprouts
- Green capsicum
- Baby Spinach
- 1 head of garlic, previously confit
- 1 med lemon, previously confit
- 1 large bunch of basil, leaves only
- 50g Parmesan cheese
- 50g Pine nuts
- Ground Black pepper, to taste
- 250g Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Blitz pesto ingredients until paste is formed; continue to blitz until desired consistency – add additional lemon juice to taste and to loosen if necessary. Adjust seasoning to taste as desired. Set aside.
- Heat oil in the fry pan over medium heat.
- Stir fry one green ingredient at a time, until colour turns vibrant green but texture remains aldente.
- In a large bowl, place quinoa and each green ingredient. Toss through desired quantity of pesto, while all still warm.
- Serve with eggs, chicken, avocado as desired. Garnish with baby basil leaves, additional dressing where desired.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...