Pickled Papaya Salad with Sesame DressingMatt Sinclair
- ½ green papaya, peeled
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled
- 2 green chillies, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup shiso leaves
- ¼ cup well roasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup shiso leaves
- To prepare the papaya, shave it finely into half-moon shapes using a mandolin. You need approximately 2 cups.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and strain over the shaved green papaya to begin the pickling process. Pickle until ready to serve.
- Slice the cucumber into 3mm discs and set aside.
- When ready to serve, remove the papaya from the dressing. Combine with all other salad ingredients, except sesame seeds. Toss the salad and use approximately 2 tbsp of the dressing to season everything. Place into a serving bowl and finish with a large spoonful of toasted sesame seeds over the top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gewurztraminer.
Ingredients: 4 Spicy Italian Sausages Packet of Farfalle Pasta 1 Leek 1 Carrot 1 Onion 2 Garlic 2 cups Shredded Cabbage 1 Chopped Silver Beet 1 400gm Tinned Beans 1 tsp Cumin powder 1 tsp Coriander powder 1tsp Paprika powder 2 tbsp Tomato Paste Stock of your choice...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...