Pickled Papaya Salad with Sesame DressingMatt Sinclair
- ½ green papaya, peeled
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled
- 2 green chillies, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup shiso leaves
- ¼ cup well roasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup shiso leaves
- To prepare the papaya, shave it finely into half-moon shapes using a mandolin. You need approximately 2 cups.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and strain over the shaved green papaya to begin the pickling process. Pickle until ready to serve.
- Slice the cucumber into 3mm discs and set aside.
- When ready to serve, remove the papaya from the dressing. Combine with all other salad ingredients, except sesame seeds. Toss the salad and use approximately 2 tbsp of the dressing to season everything. Place into a serving bowl and finish with a large spoonful of toasted sesame seeds over the top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gewurztraminer.
Ingredients: 500g fresh broad beans, in their pods 3–4 small fennel bulbs 250g frozen peas, thawed and rinsed 1 red onion, finely sliced 1 cup dill, finely chopped 1⁄2 bunch mint, finely chopped, plus extra whole leaves to garnish 1⁄2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Let's Go Motorhomes Romesco Sauce: 4 large red peppers 2 garlic cloves 150g ground almonds 100g sun-dried tomatoes in oil 100ml extra virgin olive oil 20ml apple cider vinegar 1 tbsp smoked paprika 1...
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 1 cup Vegetable oil 4 eggs 3 lap cheong sausages, thinly sliced 2 Tbsp XO Sauce 100gm cherry tomatoes, halved ½ red onion, thinly sliced 1 green chilli, thinly sliced ½ cup coriander, roughly chopped Method: Heat oil in a wok over a...
Ingredients: ½ cup dried scallops ½ cup dried shrimp 300ml Shaoxing wine 6 long red chillies, roughly chopped 2 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped 1 head garlic (10-12 cloves), peeled, roughly chopped 2 large red shallots, roughly chopped 1 large rasher bacon,...
Ingredients: Filling: 1 bunch silverbeet, chopped finely 500g ricotta 1 egg 50g grated parmigiano cheese Sea salt Freshly cracked black pepper 1/3 nutmeg grated Sugo: 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 long red...
Ingredients: 100g butter 200g finely grated pecorino cheese Salt Black pepper, freshly ground Pasta Dough: 100g semolina flour 100g plain flour 80ml - 100ml water Pinch of salt Method: Make the pasta dough and allow it to rest for 20 minutes. Cut the dough into long...