Pickled Papaya Salad with Sesame DressingMatt Sinclair
- ½ green papaya, peeled
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled
- 2 green chillies, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 cup shiso leaves
- ¼ cup well roasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup shiso leaves
- To prepare the papaya, shave it finely into half-moon shapes using a mandolin. You need approximately 2 cups.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and strain over the shaved green papaya to begin the pickling process. Pickle until ready to serve.
- Slice the cucumber into 3mm discs and set aside.
- When ready to serve, remove the papaya from the dressing. Combine with all other salad ingredients, except sesame seeds. Toss the salad and use approximately 2 tbsp of the dressing to season everything. Place into a serving bowl and finish with a large spoonful of toasted sesame seeds over the top.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Gewurztraminer.
Ingredients: 300ml milk, plus extra 7g sachet of dried yeast 25g white caster sugar 50g shortening or lard 425g plain flour, plus extra 20g polenta, optional Unsalted butter Method: Gently warm the milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 37ºC. Add the yeast...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Ingredients: 1 medium cauliflower, leaves and stalk trimmed, cut into wedges 400g can lentils, drained and rinsed 1 small white onion, thinly sliced Juice of 1/2 lemon 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin...
Ingredients:For Dough: 500g plain flour 190g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes ½ tsp salt 60ml warm water 1 egg, at room temperature and whisked For Filling: 600g smoked ham, diced 200g mozzarella, diced 200g cheddar, diced 200g brown onion, diced 80g...
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel Ingredients: 500g gnocchi 2 potatoes, diced 1 clove of garlic, chopped 1 tsp dried chillies 1 leek, sliced 2 rosemary sprigs 100g pancetta, rind removed and diced 500ml Massel Veg Stock Method:...
Ingredients: 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces 1 green banana chilli, sliced 1 bunch mint, picked 1 cup Indian style yoghurt Pinch of sea salt flakes ½ tsp garam masala powder ¼ tsp dry mango powder ¼ tsp fenugreek powder Vegetable oil for frying Method: Fry...
Ingredients: 500g good quality spaghettini Table salt (for pasta water) 8 birdseye chilli, sliced finely 5 cloves garlic, chopped ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, washed and chopped finely, stem and leaf 250ml olive oil Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste A...