Pomelo and Prawn on Bettel LeafKhanh Ong
- 2 tsp dried prawns
- 1 tsp toasted peanuts
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
- 1 small thai green chili
- 2 coriander roots
- 2 slices of fresh galangal
- 3 slices of ginger
- 75g grated palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp tamarind water
- 3 large prawns poached peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 3 shallots finely chopped
- 2 pieces of pomelo peeled and broken up
- 10 big betel leaves
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Coriander leaves
- Fried shallots
- Toasted coconut
- In a mortar and pestle pound dried prawns, peanuts, coconut, chili, coriander, galangal, ginger into a paste
- Cook in a small pan for 1-2 minutes in vegetable oil
- Add palm sugar, fish sauce and 200ml of water and cook until sure dissolves and reduces by 1⁄4
- Add tamarind water and simmer for 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl chop prawns small add coconut, shallots, pomelo and add 3 tbsp of sauce and combine
- Place a small a tbsp into each betel leaf
Ingredients: 4 duck breast 1 tablspoon brown sugar ½ tablespoon salt ¼ bunch thyme 1 tsp five spice butter garlic Sauce 1/3 cup sugar 1/3 cup fresh orange juice (from 1 to 2 oranges) segments of one orange 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar 1/8 teaspoon salt 2 to 4...
Ingredients: Serve 4 4 thick King salmon or Atlantic salmon Vegetable oil Lime wedges Marinade 2 pinches of salt 2 teaspoons chilli powder juice of 1 lime 1 teaspoon sugar 2 teaspoons garlic paste 2 teaspoons ginger paste Crust 180g white split peas (urad dal) 1...
Ingredients: Mornay Sauce 25gm unsalted butter 25gm Laucke plain flour 1 cup full cream milk 80gm Gruyere cheese grated Salt White pepper For the Sandwich Four thick slices white bread 100gm unsalted butter 2 tsp Dijon mustard 4 slices Gruyere cheese (80gm) 200gm...
Ingredients: 500g kangaroo sirloin cut into thin strips 2 tablespoons cornflour 2 tablespoon sunflower oil for frying 2 green capsicums – cut into strips 2 bunch of broccolini – bottom end removed and cut in half 1 bunch green onions – green and whites finely chopped...
Ingredients: Makes Two 4 rounds or Rye bread slices 300gm sliced pastrami 100gm sauerkraut 200gm comte cheese or cheddar 2 large garlic and dill pickles cut in half 4 tbsp kewpie mayo 1 tbsp hot English mustard 100gm butter soft Method: Combine the hot English mustard...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 eggs separated 1 cup butter milk 1 cup ricotta 1 cup corn frozen 1 small bunch coriander leaves chopped 1 lg smashed avo 200gm chopped tomatoes 1/4 medium red onion sliced 1 clove of garlic chopped...