Pomelo and Prawn on Bettel LeafKhanh Ong
- 2 tsp dried prawns
- 1 tsp toasted peanuts
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
- 1 small thai green chili
- 2 coriander roots
- 2 slices of fresh galangal
- 3 slices of ginger
- 75g grated palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp tamarind water
- 3 large prawns poached peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 3 shallots finely chopped
- 2 pieces of pomelo peeled and broken up
- 10 big betel leaves
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Coriander leaves
- Fried shallots
- Toasted coconut
- In a mortar and pestle pound dried prawns, peanuts, coconut, chili, coriander, galangal, ginger into a paste
- Cook in a small pan for 1-2 minutes in vegetable oil
- Add palm sugar, fish sauce and 200ml of water and cook until sure dissolves and reduces by 1⁄4
- Add tamarind water and simmer for 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl chop prawns small add coconut, shallots, pomelo and add 3 tbsp of sauce and combine
- Place a small a tbsp into each betel leaf
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...