Pomelo and Prawn on Bettel LeafKhanh Ong
- 2 tsp dried prawns
- 1 tsp toasted peanuts
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
- 1 small thai green chili
- 2 coriander roots
- 2 slices of fresh galangal
- 3 slices of ginger
- 75g grated palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp tamarind water
- 3 large prawns poached peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 3 shallots finely chopped
- 2 pieces of pomelo peeled and broken up
- 10 big betel leaves
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Coriander leaves
- Fried shallots
- Toasted coconut
- In a mortar and pestle pound dried prawns, peanuts, coconut, chili, coriander, galangal, ginger into a paste
- Cook in a small pan for 1-2 minutes in vegetable oil
- Add palm sugar, fish sauce and 200ml of water and cook until sure dissolves and reduces by 1⁄4
- Add tamarind water and simmer for 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl chop prawns small add coconut, shallots, pomelo and add 3 tbsp of sauce and combine
- Place a small a tbsp into each betel leaf
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...