Pomelo and Prawn on Bettel LeafKhanh Ong
- 2 tsp dried prawns
- 1 tsp toasted peanuts
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
- 1 small thai green chili
- 2 coriander roots
- 2 slices of fresh galangal
- 3 slices of ginger
- 75g grated palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp tamarind water
- 3 large prawns poached peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 3 shallots finely chopped
- 2 pieces of pomelo peeled and broken up
- 10 big betel leaves
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Coriander leaves
- Fried shallots
- Toasted coconut
- In a mortar and pestle pound dried prawns, peanuts, coconut, chili, coriander, galangal, ginger into a paste
- Cook in a small pan for 1-2 minutes in vegetable oil
- Add palm sugar, fish sauce and 200ml of water and cook until sure dissolves and reduces by 1⁄4
- Add tamarind water and simmer for 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- In a medium bowl chop prawns small add coconut, shallots, pomelo and add 3 tbsp of sauce and combine
- Place a small a tbsp into each betel leaf
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 1x 2 kg lamb shoulder, easy-carve or shoulder blade removed 12 prunes, pitted 2 large sprigs of rosemary, broken and leaves removed 2 tablespoons olive oil 100 g butter 1 onion, chopped 1 celery heart, chopped 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced 2 fresh or...
Ingredients: Serves 4 8 Moreton Bay bugs 200g thinly sliced dried pancetta 8 bay leaves 4 ripe figs, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil Juice of 1 lemon Method: Prepare your barbecue for direct grilling over a high heat. Prepare the bugs by removing the meat from the...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Teaspoon coconut sugar 6 freshly picked mint leaves Approx 500ml SodaStream Carbonated Water 10-15 assorted fresh berries One lime, halved Ice Method: Start by bringing together the coconut sugar and the mint in a food processor or alternatively...
Ingredients: Serves: 3 2 cup water 3 tbsp Valcom Tom Yum Paste 1 cup button mushrooms, halved 300g chicken fillet, sliced 1⁄4 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk 4 tbsp Valcom Kaffir Lime Leaves 1 stalk coriander coarsely chopped 1 red chilli, cut diagonally Method: Bring...