Prawn and Zucchini PastaBen O'Donoghue
- 3 zucchini, yellow or green or a mix of both
- 100ml fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt freshly ground
- Black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 dried birdseye chilli, chopped
- 500g prawn meat, chopped
- 200g canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 500g spaghetti
- Wash, halve and roughly slice the zucchini. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the zucchini and gently fry until the edges just start to turn golden, but without colouring completely. Season with salt and pepper and add 1⁄4 cup of water. Allow the liquid to evaporate while stirring and mashing the zucchini. When the liquid has evaporated, fry for about 1 minute.
- Repeat with another 1⁄4 cup of water, stirring and mashing while the liquid evaporates then frying for a further minute or two. Repeat another three times. The idea is to slowly fry, steam and mash the zucchini five times all up, in order to enrich the flavour and break down the vegetables.
- Add the garlic and chilli to the pan and cook for 1–2 minutes. Add the prawn meat and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time so the bottom doesn’t catch. Make sure you control the heat – if the mixture starts to colour, turn the heat down. Add the tomatoes and rosemary, season with salt and pepper, then repeat the slow-frying process for a further 5 minutes.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a fast boil and cook the pasta, following the packet instructions. Spaghetti should take about 10 minutes to cook.
- Just before the pasta is cooked and ready to drain, add the remaining olive oil to the sauce. Drain the pasta, reserving a little cooking water, combine thoroughly with the sauce and serve.
Ingredients: Serves: 2-4 2 x 250g T-bone or Rump steak Sea salt 2 Tbsp Olive oil 2 Tbsp Butter 1 brown onion, diced 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped 1 tsp dried chilli flakes 2 tsp dried mixed herbs 40 ‘twists’ cracked black pepper 2 chicken stock cubes, crumbled 2-3...
Ingredients: Crown Pumpkin (or similar) Pumpkin Puree: 250g Pumpkin seeds 100g Miso 500g Spanish Onion 100g Butter Method: Pumpkin Puree: Roast pumpkin seeds at 200 degrees until golden Sweat down onions in butter until nice and golden Once all cooked blitz together...
Ingredients: 1kg pork mince 1 brown onion, finely diced 2 cloves garlic, finely diced 1 cup grated parmigiano cheese 1 egg 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs Plain flour, for dusting White Wine Sauce: 2 cups white wine 1 bunch sage leaves 2 sprigs of rosemary 2 bay leaves 6...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 500g beef mince 3 lemongrass stalks, white part only, grated 3 spring onions, white and green separated, each finely chopped 1 large clove garlic, grated ½ cup chopped coriander (stems included) 1 Tbsp fish sauce 1 Tbsp caster sugar 1 tsp salt...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Wine Selectors Serves: 4 Four quails 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped 6-8 leaves of sage, finely chopped Sea salt and cracked pepper 8 strips smoky pancetta Olive oil Lemon halves for...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 tablespoon olive oil 3 garlic cloves, crushed 500g chicken breast, whole 1 brown onion, finely diced 1 cup dry white wine 1 cup cream 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped 1 teaspoon cornflour serve with steamed rice and blanched broccolini...