Prawn and Zucchini PastaBen O'Donoghue
- 3 zucchini, yellow or green or a mix of both
- 100ml fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt freshly ground
- Black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 dried birdseye chilli, chopped
- 500g prawn meat, chopped
- 200g canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 500g spaghetti
- Wash, halve and roughly slice the zucchini. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the zucchini and gently fry until the edges just start to turn golden, but without colouring completely. Season with salt and pepper and add 1⁄4 cup of water. Allow the liquid to evaporate while stirring and mashing the zucchini. When the liquid has evaporated, fry for about 1 minute.
- Repeat with another 1⁄4 cup of water, stirring and mashing while the liquid evaporates then frying for a further minute or two. Repeat another three times. The idea is to slowly fry, steam and mash the zucchini five times all up, in order to enrich the flavour and break down the vegetables.
- Add the garlic and chilli to the pan and cook for 1–2 minutes. Add the prawn meat and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time so the bottom doesn’t catch. Make sure you control the heat – if the mixture starts to colour, turn the heat down. Add the tomatoes and rosemary, season with salt and pepper, then repeat the slow-frying process for a further 5 minutes.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a fast boil and cook the pasta, following the packet instructions. Spaghetti should take about 10 minutes to cook.
- Just before the pasta is cooked and ready to drain, add the remaining olive oil to the sauce. Drain the pasta, reserving a little cooking water, combine thoroughly with the sauce and serve.
Ingredients: 1 1⁄2 kg round steak, cleaned and cut into cubes 3 cans of roma tomatoes, crushed by hand 1 onion, finely diced 2-3 cloves of garlic 1⁄2 cup of olive oil, plus an additional 2 tbsp 1tbsp red wine vinegar 1L water or chicken stock (optional) 1tbsp tomato...
Ingredients: 1.5 kg green beans 3 potatoes 1 can of crushed tomatoes 1 tbsp tomato paste 2 onions, chopped 1 cup of olive oil 3 cups of Massel stock 1 cup of parsley finely chopped 1 tbsp sweet paprika Salt Pepper Method: Slice the tops off the green beans and string...
Ingredients: 500gm macaroni pasta 1 cup diced tomato Cheese sauce 500g monterey jack cheese 500ml cream 500ml milk 160gm butter 100gm flour 500ml beer Chilli flakes Salt and pepper 3/4 cup bread crumbs 2 tbsp melted butter 2 spring onion finely sliced Method: Cheese...
Ingredients: Serves 4 Hummus 1 Australian beetroot 4 Australian chestnuts 1 tin chickpeas 2 tbsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Freshly squeezed juice from 1 ½ Australian lemons 1 clove Australian garlic 2 tbsp unhulled tahini ½ tsp cumin Pinch sea salt Cracked...
Ingredients: 4× 150g veal rib-eye steaks 4 cups cornflakes 100g parmesan, finely grated 1 cup plain flour 1 egg 200ml milk 100g butter 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sunflower oil 12 sage leaves 8 anchovy fillets Bunch of wild rocket, to garnish Salsa 1 large red capsicum 2 ripe...
Ingredients: Ribeye steak Salt Pepper 100g butter, softened 1 orange, zest 1 tsp thyme 50g hazelnuts, roasted 80g Blue cheese Method: Liberally season your steak with salt and pepper and cook to your liking, turning regularly. Rest for half of the cook time. Combine...