Prawn and Zucchini PastaBen O'Donoghue
- 3 zucchini, yellow or green or a mix of both
- 100ml fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt freshly ground
- Black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 dried birdseye chilli, chopped
- 500g prawn meat, chopped
- 200g canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 500g spaghetti
- Wash, halve and roughly slice the zucchini. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the zucchini and gently fry until the edges just start to turn golden, but without colouring completely. Season with salt and pepper and add 1⁄4 cup of water. Allow the liquid to evaporate while stirring and mashing the zucchini. When the liquid has evaporated, fry for about 1 minute.
- Repeat with another 1⁄4 cup of water, stirring and mashing while the liquid evaporates then frying for a further minute or two. Repeat another three times. The idea is to slowly fry, steam and mash the zucchini five times all up, in order to enrich the flavour and break down the vegetables.
- Add the garlic and chilli to the pan and cook for 1–2 minutes. Add the prawn meat and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time so the bottom doesn’t catch. Make sure you control the heat – if the mixture starts to colour, turn the heat down. Add the tomatoes and rosemary, season with salt and pepper, then repeat the slow-frying process for a further 5 minutes.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a fast boil and cook the pasta, following the packet instructions. Spaghetti should take about 10 minutes to cook.
- Just before the pasta is cooked and ready to drain, add the remaining olive oil to the sauce. Drain the pasta, reserving a little cooking water, combine thoroughly with the sauce and serve.
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500gm field mushroom finely chopped 2 cups green olives 1/4 bunch mint 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley 100gm ricotta cheese fresh Lemon juice and zest 1 clove of garlic 2 fresh red chillies Olive oil 1-cup thick cream 100gm Parmesan cheese Method: In...
Ingredients: Serves 2 Salad 1/8 Australian Kent pumpkin, skin on 1 tsp Australian extra virgin olive oil Pinch sea salt Cracked black pepper 4 Australian Jerusalem artichokes Handful Australian green beans 4 Australian prunes ¼ cup Australian pecans 2 tbsp goats...
Ingredients: 1.5kg Pork belly strips or ribs Marinade 5 tbsp ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis) 1 Lime (zested & juiced) 1 Red chilli (chopped) 20g Palm sugar 1 tsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame oil 2 tsp Lemongrass (finely chopped) 1 tbsp Oil Method: Blend all the marinade...
Ingredients: 1kg of chuck, flank, shin or brisket trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes 2 clove of garlic 1 small bunch of thyme 1 tspn of black peppercorns 500ml Guinness or dark ale 8 shallots peeled 1 tbsp vegemite 500gm bought puff pastry 100gm Stilton blue cheese or...
Ingredients: 4-6 streaky pork belly cutlets, skin removed, cutlets cut into strips 5 cm thick Marinade 2 onions, finely chopped 10 garlic cloves, crushed 2 cm piece fresh ginger, finely chopped 250 ml (1 cup) kochujang (Korean chilli paste) 4 tablespoons sugar 2...