Prawn RisottoLaura Sharrad
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Massel
- 500g prawns
- 500g arborio rice
- 1L Massel Veg Stock
- 1 cup of white wine
- Olive oil
- Parmesan, grated
- Brown onion, diced
- 250g butter, cubed
- Chives, chopped
- Lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper
- In a separate pot, warm your veg stock so it is ready to be ladled into the risotto.
- In a high-sided pan on medium heat, pour in a decent splash of olive oil and an equal amount of butter then add in your onions and garlic with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add in your saffron while the onions & garlic are sweating down. This will give your risotto a beautiful yellow finish.
- Once the onions and garlic have softened, add in your rice and turn up the heat slightly to toast off the rice.
- Once the rice is toasted, pour in your white wine to deglaze and cook off the alcohol.
- Now that the wine has been cooked off, it is time to start ladling in your stock. Scoop in one ladle at a time and continue stirring till it’s fully incorporated. Repeat until all of the stock has been incorporated and the rice is almost al dente.
- Grate up your parmesan, chop your chives and cut your prawns into bite-sized pieces. Add your prawns to the risotto and let them gently poach away in the risotto, followed by your chives and parmesan and a bit more butter while stirring continuously.
- Once the prawns have changed colour, finally add a squeeze of lemon juice and combine.
- It’s now ready to serve – feel free to garnish with some olive oil and parmesan if needed.