Pumpkin SoupSimone Austin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 rashers of short cut bacon
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic chopped
- 4 cups peeled, pumpkin cut into chunks
- 1 large brown onion chopped finely
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 scoops of Ensure vanilla Powder
- Peel and cut 4 cups of chopped pumpkin.
- Chop the bacon and onion into small pieces and sauté in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil until soft and slightly brown in a large saucepan.
- Add in 2 cloves of chopped fresh garlic and cook for a minute
- Add the 4 cups of pumpkin and then the 5 cups of chicken stock.
- Add the curry powder, nutmeg and cracked black pepper.
- Simmer until pumpkin is very soft.
- Mix 6 scoops of Ensure vanilla Powder in about 100ml of water to a paste.
- When the soup is nearly cooked stir this through the soup.
- Cool the soup a little and blend until smooth
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
Soup makes a great lunch, dinner or snack, in fact when I am working with athletes soup makes a great nourishing feed after training.
Ingredients: Serves 4 10 ripe figs 2 long red chillies ½ bunch basil Extra virgin olive oil 4 slices of sour dough bread 50g parmesan cheese 2 whole buffalo mozzarella ½ cup of crème criache Baking paper Method: Grill the chillies on your stovetop to blacken and...
Ingredients: 4 thick pork loin chops skin off 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped 1 stick of rosemary, leaves picked and roughly chopped 4 fresh bay leaves, roughly chopped 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper Flaky salt Apple...
Ingredients: Serves 6 2 bulbs garlic 6 large chicken thighs, on the bone, skin on 4 long stalks rosemary, sprigs removed (about 20) 1/4 bunch thyme salt and freshly ground black pepper A drizzle of olive oil Approx. 500 ml (17 fl oz/2 cups) Massel https://massel.com/...
Ingredients: Yorkshire Pudding Batter 225gm flour Pinch salt 3 eggs whole 200ml milk 200ml water The Toad 8 course minced pork sausages 4 Streaky bacon rashers 8inch long fresh rosemary sprigs Cracked black pepper Veg oil 1/2 cup The Sauce 1 large brown onion peeled...
Ingredients: 320g semolina plus a little extra 40g greens such as spinach or Tuscan kale Extra Virgin Olive Oil Sea salt and cracked pepper Pesto 1 garlic clove, peeled 20g pine nuts 50g wild rocket 25g parmesan plus a little extra Juice of 1 lemon Method: To make the...
Ingredients: Serves 4 12 eggs, best quality you can afford 150ml sparkling water 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper 20g butter 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted/charred Method: Mix together the eggs, sparkling water, parmesan...