Pumpkin SoupSimone Austin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 rashers of short cut bacon
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic chopped
- 4 cups peeled, pumpkin cut into chunks
- 1 large brown onion chopped finely
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 scoops of Ensure vanilla Powder
- Peel and cut 4 cups of chopped pumpkin.
- Chop the bacon and onion into small pieces and sauté in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil until soft and slightly brown in a large saucepan.
- Add in 2 cloves of chopped fresh garlic and cook for a minute
- Add the 4 cups of pumpkin and then the 5 cups of chicken stock.
- Add the curry powder, nutmeg and cracked black pepper.
- Simmer until pumpkin is very soft.
- Mix 6 scoops of Ensure vanilla Powder in about 100ml of water to a paste.
- When the soup is nearly cooked stir this through the soup.
- Cool the soup a little and blend until smooth
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
Soup makes a great lunch, dinner or snack, in fact when I am working with athletes soup makes a great nourishing feed after training.
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Asian InspirationsIngredients:Serves: 8 Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Main Ingredients: 1 packet rice paper 150g rice vermicelli noodles 1 bunch coriander 1 bunch Thai basil 1 bunch mint 1 bunch garlic chives 1⁄4...
Vegemite and Cheese Scrolls
Ingredients: 2 puff pastry sheets 2 Tbsp vegemite 2 cups cheddar cheese grated Method: Spread vegemite over pastry sheets and top with cheese. Lightly roll each pastry up into a log and cut each log into 8 slices. Place 4 slices (sliced side up) in each Sunbeam Pie...
Laura’s Mum’s Meatball Pasta
Ingredients: Chicken Thigh mince 1 egg Bread soaked in milk Grated parmesan Chopped parsely Spaghetti Breadcrumbs Salt & Pepper Sauce Celery Carrot Onion Olive oil Bay lead 2 tins of whole or chopped tomatoes Method: In a mixing bowl add in your chicken thigh...
Crispy Chilli Oil
Ingredients: 1 cup vegetable oil 1 cinnamon stick 3 star anise 2 tbs schizuan peppercorns 2 bay leaves 1/4 cup crushed red chilli/pepper flakes Method: In a small pot, heat the oil with the all the spices, bar the chilli flakes, on a low to medium heat for about 20...
Ingredients: 500g of kingfish or snapper fillets, skin off Juice from 6 limes 1 ripped mango 1 medium Lebanese cucumber 1/4 red onion Juice from 1 orange 1 jalapeño chilli 1 small yellow capsicum 10 mint leaves Salt and pepper to taste 200g corn tortillas chips...
Special Fried Rice
Ingredients: 60 ml (¼ cup) peanut oil 4 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped 2 eggs, lightly beaten 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tsp finely chopped ginger 150 gm Chinese-style barbecue pork char siu roughly chopped 555 gm (3 cups) cooked rice 1...