Pumpkin SoupSimone Austin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 rashers of short cut bacon
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic chopped
- 4 cups peeled, pumpkin cut into chunks
- 1 large brown onion chopped finely
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 scoops of Ensure vanilla Powder
- Peel and cut 4 cups of chopped pumpkin.
- Chop the bacon and onion into small pieces and sauté in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil until soft and slightly brown in a large saucepan.
- Add in 2 cloves of chopped fresh garlic and cook for a minute
- Add the 4 cups of pumpkin and then the 5 cups of chicken stock.
- Add the curry powder, nutmeg and cracked black pepper.
- Simmer until pumpkin is very soft.
- Mix 6 scoops of Ensure vanilla Powder in about 100ml of water to a paste.
- When the soup is nearly cooked stir this through the soup.
- Cool the soup a little and blend until smooth
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
Soup makes a great lunch, dinner or snack, in fact when I am working with athletes soup makes a great nourishing feed after training.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 800g Hanger Steak Sea Salt 1 small yellow pepper, seeds removed, roughly chopped 6 Yellow baby Tomatoes 1 small red chilli, seeds removed ½ tsp dried flaked chillies 2 Garlic cloves, peeled 20g fresh parsley, including any tender stalks 10g each...
Ingredients: 4 roma tomatoes ½ brown onion, finely diced 2 garlic cloves, finely diced 1 tbsp chilli oil ½ cup white wine 500g goolwa pippies 1 cup parsley leaves, chopped 250g fresh taglierini or linguine 1 lemon, juice only 50g unsalted butter Sea salt flakes Black...
Ingredients: 3 cups plain flour, plus extra Salt 1 ¼ cups warm water 150ml Peanut oil, plus extra Cheese Filling: 500g ricotta cheese 100gm Greek fetta 300gm cottage cheese 300ml thickened cream 2 eggs Salt Method: Combine the cheeses in a large bowl and mix together,...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Velisha Farms 1 tbsp oil 225g Chicken mince 2 tbsp fish sauce 1 lime, juice only 1 tsp caster sugar 3 spring onions, finely chopped ¼ cucumber, finely diced 2 red chillies, finely sliced 1cm ginger,...
Ingredients: 6 chicken thighs 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs ½ bunch parsley 100g parmigiano cheese 2 garlic cloves Sea salt Black pepper Flour, for dusting 2 eggs Method: Blitz the parsley, cheese and garlic into a fine crumb and mix through the breadcrumbs. Season with...
Ingredients: 1/2 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed and retained, cauliflower chopped into florets. 1 clove of garlic - peeled & sliced in half 1 tsp of sultanas or raisins (optional) 6 black peppercorns 1/4 tsp turmeric 1/4 tsp curry powder 3/4 cup...