Pumpkin Tom Yum Curry and Bubur Cha ChaKay-Lene Tan & Adam D'Sylva
- 2x Wedges of Pumpkin (skin on)
- 1x can of coconut milk
- 30ml Soy Sauce (to taste)
- 1 tbsp of Tom Yum Paste
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1 punch of Thai basil
- 1 tbsp fried shallots
Bubur Cha Cha:
- Kara coconut cream 2litres
- Pandan leaves 6pcs
- Sugar to taste
- Pumpkin (diced) 200g
- Yam (diced) 100g
- Tapioca pearls 50g
- Tapioca flour 80g
- Water (boiling hot) 50g
- Braise pumpkin wedges in coconut milk in your saucepan for 40-50 minutes or until pumpkin is tender
- Remove pumpkin and set aside. Add in Tom Yum Paste to remaining coconut milk and stir over medium heat. Add soy sauce to your taste.
- Serve pumpkin on a bowl and top with Tom Yum sauce, add finely sliced chili, thai basil and shallots.
Bubur Cha Cha:
- Steam diced pumpkin and tapioca.
- Cook tapioca pearls in boiling water.
- Bring coconut cream, pandan leaves and sugar to boil. Thin with water if needed.
- Mix tapioca flour and boiling hot water into a dough and drop into hot coconut milk soup.
- Add all ingredients into coconut soup. Serve warm.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Viognier.
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...
Ingredients: 2 ¼ cups plain flour, sifted 1 ½ tsp baking powder ½ tsp salt ½ cup brown sugar ½ cup caster sugar 60gm unsalted butter, melted, cooled 3 eggs, room temperature 100gm flaked almonds, lightly toasted Chai Spice Mix: 1 tsp ground ginger 1 tsp ground...
Ingredients: Serves: 4-6 125gm unsalted butter, softened 100gm caster sugar Zest of 2 oranges Zest of 1 lemon 200gm self-raising flour 1 tsp baking powder 20gm poppyseeds 2 eggs 140ml milk Rum Custard: 125ml milk 125ml thickened cream 3 large egg yolks 3 Tbsp caster...
Ingredients: Recipe brought to you with the help of our friends at Big 4 300g Blueberries frozen 300g Apples 1 small orange, juice only 2 tbsp soft brown sugar For the cobbler topping 175g (white or wholemeal) 100g unsalted butter, softened 25g/1oz porridge oats 50g...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 2 cups shiraz 1 cup water 2 cups sugar 10 cloves 2 cinnamon sticks 4 small – medium ripe pears Ricotta & Blue Cheese Cream: 500g ricotta 4 tbsp honey (see notes) 50g blue cheese (see notes) Zest of ½ lemon Finely chopped pistachios (see...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 Hotcakes: 1 cup plain flour, sifted 1 tsp baking powder 1 tbsp brown sugar ½ tsp salt ¾ cup buttermilk 4 eggs, separated 250g fresh ricotta Oil or butter 100g flaked almonds, lightly toasted Mandarin Syrup: 150ml mandarin juice 1 Tbsp lemon...