Pumpkin Tom Yum Curry and Bubur Cha ChaKay-Lene Tan & Adam D'Sylva
- 2x Wedges of Pumpkin (skin on)
- 1x can of coconut milk
- 30ml Soy Sauce (to taste)
- 1 tbsp of Tom Yum Paste
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1 punch of Thai basil
- 1 tbsp fried shallots
Bubur Cha Cha:
- Kara coconut cream 2litres
- Pandan leaves 6pcs
- Sugar to taste
- Pumpkin (diced) 200g
- Yam (diced) 100g
- Tapioca pearls 50g
- Tapioca flour 80g
- Water (boiling hot) 50g
- Braise pumpkin wedges in coconut milk in your saucepan for 40-50 minutes or until pumpkin is tender
- Remove pumpkin and set aside. Add in Tom Yum Paste to remaining coconut milk and stir over medium heat. Add soy sauce to your taste.
- Serve pumpkin on a bowl and top with Tom Yum sauce, add finely sliced chili, thai basil and shallots.
Bubur Cha Cha:
- Steam diced pumpkin and tapioca.
- Cook tapioca pearls in boiling water.
- Bring coconut cream, pandan leaves and sugar to boil. Thin with water if needed.
- Mix tapioca flour and boiling hot water into a dough and drop into hot coconut milk soup.
- Add all ingredients into coconut soup. Serve warm.
Our friends at Wine Selectors suggest pairing this dish with a Viognier.
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...