Rasberry MuffinsSimone Austin
- 125ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 5 scoops Ensure chocolate powder
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 ½ cups self raising flour
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together oil, eggs and sugar until smooth
- Add oats, coconut, Ensure Powder and stir until smooth
- Add flour and milk gradually to form a batter.
- Fold in the raspberries trying not to break them completely.
- Grease and flour 12 muffin pans and fill until ¾ full
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of vanilla or natural yoghurt that you can add extra Ensure Powder to if desired.
- Talking points
- This makes a great snack pre or post exercise, an afternoon tea snack or dessert.
- You could add any other berries
- The extra virgin olive oil provides healthy monounsaturated fats and antioxidants.
- The coconut and oats add extra dietary fibre.
- The Ensure Chocolate powder gives a beautiful vanilla flavour to the cake to compliment the raspberries.
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
- This makes a great snack pre or post exercise snack, or for afternoon tea or dessert.
Ingredients: 1 round of white sliced bread per doughnut sandwich 1 tablespoon or as required Strawberry jam 1 tablespoon or as required Nutella spread Butter as required 500mls vegetable oil 1 cup caster sugar 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder Batter 1 cup Self raising...
Ingredients: Lemon Curd 330mls Lemons juice and zest of 1 lemon 8 egg yolks 8 whole eggs 450gm unsalted butter cubed 320gm caster sugar Italian Meringue 200mls water 200gm caster sugar 150gm egg whites Pinch cream of tartar The Cheesecake - Sponge base 125gm butter...
Ingredients: Serves 4 500g cherries 4 eggs 100g flour 100g granulated sugar 300ml milk 1 vanilla bean 30g butter 1 pinch of salt Method: Wash, wipe, de-stalk and stone the cherries. Butter a spring form pan then pour in the prepared cherries. In a...
Ingredients: Bread 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 large egg, at room temperature* 3/4 cup (150g) caster sugar 1/4 cup (50g) soft brown sugar 1 cup (240ml) buttermilk (no substitutions) 1/3 cup...
Ingredients: 3 Peaches cut in half 2 tbsp Vanilla sugar (or plain caster if you don’t have vanilla sugar) 1 cup milk 3 eggs 2 tbsp butter melted ½ cup flour Crème friache to serve Method: Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Cut you peaches in half and toss in the vanilla...
Ingredients: Serves 4 1 1/2 cups Whole oats 3 cups Coconut water 1 cup Coconut cream 2 stalks Rhubarb, chopped 2 Apples, peeled and cored 1 cup Raspberries, fresh or frozen 1 cup Strawberries, sliced 1 Orange, zest and juice 3 tablespoons Pure maple syrup 1 Cinnamon...