Rasberry MuffinsSimone Austin
- 125ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 5 scoops Ensure chocolate powder
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 ½ cups self raising flour
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together oil, eggs and sugar until smooth
- Add oats, coconut, Ensure Powder and stir until smooth
- Add flour and milk gradually to form a batter.
- Fold in the raspberries trying not to break them completely.
- Grease and flour 12 muffin pans and fill until ¾ full
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of vanilla or natural yoghurt that you can add extra Ensure Powder to if desired.
- Talking points
- This makes a great snack pre or post exercise, an afternoon tea snack or dessert.
- You could add any other berries
- The extra virgin olive oil provides healthy monounsaturated fats and antioxidants.
- The coconut and oats add extra dietary fibre.
- The Ensure Chocolate powder gives a beautiful vanilla flavour to the cake to compliment the raspberries.
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
- This makes a great snack pre or post exercise snack, or for afternoon tea or dessert.
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...