Rasberry MuffinsSimone Austin
- 125ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 5 scoops Ensure chocolate powder
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 ½ cups self raising flour
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together oil, eggs and sugar until smooth
- Add oats, coconut, Ensure Powder and stir until smooth
- Add flour and milk gradually to form a batter.
- Fold in the raspberries trying not to break them completely.
- Grease and flour 12 muffin pans and fill until ¾ full
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of vanilla or natural yoghurt that you can add extra Ensure Powder to if desired.
- Talking points
- This makes a great snack pre or post exercise, an afternoon tea snack or dessert.
- You could add any other berries
- The extra virgin olive oil provides healthy monounsaturated fats and antioxidants.
- The coconut and oats add extra dietary fibre.
- The Ensure Chocolate powder gives a beautiful vanilla flavour to the cake to compliment the raspberries.
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
- This makes a great snack pre or post exercise snack, or for afternoon tea or dessert.
Ingredients: Makes 28 portions 12 eggs 800gm 900gm caster sugar 675gm 68% Madagascar chocolate 675gm-unsalted butter 225gm ground macadamia meal 225gm cocoa powder 300gm macadamia nuts Method: Preheat oven to 150 degrees Grease and line sponge tray with parchment...
Ingredients: 1 cup semolina 1 cup almonds, blanched, toasted and roughly chopped 2 cups self raising flour, sifted 2 tsp baking powder Rind of 1 lemon 6 eggs 250g butter at room temp Juice of 2 oranges 2 tbsp cognac or brandy 1 cup of caster. Sugar Shredded coconut as...
Ingredients: Makes 12 ¾ cup Australian almonds 1/3 cup rolled oats 2 tbsp cacao powder ½ tsp vanilla extract 12 medjool dates 3 tbsp cacao nibs 1 tbsp Australian almond oil Method: In a food processor blend ¼ cup of the almonds until they are crushed lightly but not...
Ingredients: Makes 2 small jars of jam and nut butter Jam ¼ cup fresh Australian raspberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blackberries ¼ cup fresh Australian strawberries ¼ cup fresh Australian blueberries ¼ cup fresh Australian red seedless grapes Splash Water ¼ cup chia...
Ingredients: Serves two 1/2 cup very cold vodka Juice of two limes 2 tablespoons sugar syrup 1/2 cup fresh raspberries 1/2 cup blueberries Approx 500ml sparkling water Ice Method: Bring together the vodka, lime juice, sugar syrup, raspberries, blueberries and...
Ingredients: 8 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla extract 3 cups white sugar 3 litres of milk Pinch of salt 120g butter 2 cups semolina 15 sheets of fillo pastry 150g butter melted (approx.) Icing sugar + cinnamon to serve Method: Separate egg yolks from whites Add vanilla...