Rasberry MuffinsSimone Austin
- 125ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup raw sugar
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 5 scoops Ensure chocolate powder
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 ½ cups self raising flour
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix together oil, eggs and sugar until smooth
- Add oats, coconut, Ensure Powder and stir until smooth
- Add flour and milk gradually to form a batter.
- Fold in the raspberries trying not to break them completely.
- Grease and flour 12 muffin pans and fill until ¾ full
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of vanilla or natural yoghurt that you can add extra Ensure Powder to if desired.
- Talking points
- This makes a great snack pre or post exercise, an afternoon tea snack or dessert.
- You could add any other berries
- The extra virgin olive oil provides healthy monounsaturated fats and antioxidants.
- The coconut and oats add extra dietary fibre.
- The Ensure Chocolate powder gives a beautiful vanilla flavour to the cake to compliment the raspberries.
For more details on Ensure, go to ensure.com.au
- This makes a great snack pre or post exercise snack, or for afternoon tea or dessert.
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...