Raspberry, Lime & Yoghurt CakeElena Duggan
- 150g Almond meal
- 75g Buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g Stevia
- 150g Unsalted butter, cubed, softened
- 3lge Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Vanilla paste or 2 vanilla bean, seeds only
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- 2med Lime, zest and reserve juice
- 150g Raspberries, fresh or frozen, additional to serve if desired
- 50g flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat fan forced oven to 190°Celsius.
- Butter and line a 20cm spring form cake tin.
- Beat the butter and stevia together until pale and fluffy.
- Slowly add the egg until well combined.
- Remove mix from beater and fold through the flours and baking powder.
- Add the vanilla, and yoghurt and fold through along with lime zest.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and scatter the raspberries and slivered almonds into the top of the batter.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the tin and allow it to cool on a rack.
- Mix the lime juice and maple syrup to serve as a syrup along with additional raspberries if desired.
- If baking smaller muffins instead of a cake, cook for 20-25minutes
Ingredients:BASE 3 Egg Yolks 1/2 cup Caster Sugar 125g soft butter 2 cups Self-Raising flour 1 cup orange juice Vanilla TOPPING 3 egg whites 1/2 cup caster sugar 1 cup desiccated coconut Method: Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add yolks and vanilla. Fold in the...
Ingredients: Plant-based milk Chia seeds Cacao powder Maple syrup Vanilla extract or paste Method: Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If you prefer to eat the seeds whole, you can skip the blender and combine the ingredients...
This recipe is brought to you by our friends at Healthy Life.Ingredients: 2 salmon fillets, skin off 1 cup edamame beans, frozen and blanched 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced thinly 1 carrot, ribboned 1 avocado, diced 1/2 bunch spring onions, sliced 1 cup cooked brown...
Ingredients: 7 gm (1 sachet) dried yeast 360 gm plain flour 55 gm (¼ cup) caster sugar 150 ml lukewarm milk 40 gm softened butter 1 egg 250 gm milk chocolate, finely chopped 190 gm crème fraîche 70 ml pouring cream For deep-frying: vegetable oil 3-4 Tim Tams, coarsely...
Ingredients: 4 cups full cream milk 1/2 cup medium-grain rice 1 + 1/2 cups of water 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup caster sugar 2 tbs heaped tbsp cornflour 1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste Traditional topping option Greek Cinnamon to dust the top Or Lotus Biscoff...
Ingredients: 1 very ripe banana (about 120g) 3 eggs, whisked 20g scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder 2 teaspoons of maple syrup 70g (1/2cup) quartered strawberries 1 tablespoon tapioca flour 1 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil Method: SERVES 1 Place your banana in...