Raspberry, Lime & Yoghurt CakeElena Duggan
- 150g Almond meal
- 75g Buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g Stevia
- 150g Unsalted butter, cubed, softened
- 3lge Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Vanilla paste or 2 vanilla bean, seeds only
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- 2med Lime, zest and reserve juice
- 150g Raspberries, fresh or frozen, additional to serve if desired
- 50g flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat fan forced oven to 190°Celsius.
- Butter and line a 20cm spring form cake tin.
- Beat the butter and stevia together until pale and fluffy.
- Slowly add the egg until well combined.
- Remove mix from beater and fold through the flours and baking powder.
- Add the vanilla, and yoghurt and fold through along with lime zest.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and scatter the raspberries and slivered almonds into the top of the batter.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the tin and allow it to cool on a rack.
- Mix the lime juice and maple syrup to serve as a syrup along with additional raspberries if desired.
- If baking smaller muffins instead of a cake, cook for 20-25minutes
Ingredients: 185 g dates 1 cup water 60g butter 2 eggs 185g self raising flour 185g sugar 1tsp baking powder ½ tsp vanilla paste Butterscotch Sauce: 1 cup cream ¾ cup brown sugar 2 tbsp butter Pinch of salt Method: Bring the dates and water to a boil, then remove from...
Ingredients: 4 Lady Finger Bananas Woodchips for smoking in a fire or hibachi Dulce De Leche Creme: 2 Tbsp Dulce de leche 200ml Cream Chocolate Sauce: 150ml full-fat milk 150ml double cream 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract To Serve: 1 tbsp...
Ingredients: 3 eggs, separated 6 tbsp caster sugar 500 g mascarpone cream 500ml espresso coffee 80ml marsala 500g savoiardi biscotti ( 1 large packet ) Dark chocolate, to grate Cocoa powder, to dust Method: Beat the egg yolks and half the sugar in a bowl for 5 minutes...
Ingredients: 1 pear, peeled and cored, diced 1 tsp ground cinnamon 125g unsalted butter ½ cup caster sugar 2 eggs 1 ½ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking powder Salt Streusal Crumb: 40g unsalted butter, chilled, diced 1/3 cup plain flour 2 Tbsp caster sugar Salt Method:...
Ingredients: 2 eggs 1 cup sugar ¾ cup vegetable oil 1 tsp vanilla essence 2 cups grated carrot 1 ¼ cups plain flour 1 tsp baking soda 2-3 tsp cinnamon 2-3 tsp mixed spice ½ tsp salt Lime Cream Cheese: 200g cream cheese, room temperature 1 ½ cups icing sugar, sifted...
Ingredients: Serves: 4 ¼ cup Nutella 8 thick slices of brioche 3 eggs ¼ cup milk 1 vanilla bean, scraped 40g butter 2 lady finger bananas 2 Tablespoons caster sugar 160g unsalted butter ¼ cup pistachios, chopped ¼ cup maple syrup Edible flowers to garnish Ice cream to...