Raspberry, Lime & Yoghurt CakeElena Duggan
- 150g Almond meal
- 75g Buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g Stevia
- 150g Unsalted butter, cubed, softened
- 3lge Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp Vanilla paste or 2 vanilla bean, seeds only
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- 2med Lime, zest and reserve juice
- 150g Raspberries, fresh or frozen, additional to serve if desired
- 50g flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat fan forced oven to 190°Celsius.
- Butter and line a 20cm spring form cake tin.
- Beat the butter and stevia together until pale and fluffy.
- Slowly add the egg until well combined.
- Remove mix from beater and fold through the flours and baking powder.
- Add the vanilla, and yoghurt and fold through along with lime zest.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and scatter the raspberries and slivered almonds into the top of the batter.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the tin and allow it to cool on a rack.
- Mix the lime juice and maple syrup to serve as a syrup along with additional raspberries if desired.
- If baking smaller muffins instead of a cake, cook for 20-25minutes
Banana Breakfast Bar
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 1 ½ cups raw cashews 1 ½ desiccated coconut 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and chopped 10 fresh dates, pitted 2 tsp vanilla extract ⅓ cup raw cacao powder ½ tsp bicarbonate of...
Ingredients: 500g unsalted room temp butter + extra for greasing 250g self-raising flour + extra for dusting 250g golden caster sugar 5 large free-range eggs 100ml milk ½ tsp vanilla extract ½ tp baking powder 250g quality dark chocolate (70%) 100g icing sugar 300g...
Raspberry Grappa Jam Drops
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at JC’s Quality Foods Ingredients: 2 cups (300g) Buckwheat flour 1 ½ cups almond meal 1 tsp ground cinnamon ½ tsp sea salt flakes ¾ cup maple syrup ½ cup vegetable oil ⅓ cup raspberry jam Method: Preheat the...
Deep Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients: Oil, for frying For the Pastry: 250g plain white flour 90g cornflour 70g caster sugar 3g sea salt 70g cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces 10ml cider vinegar 120g water For the Filling: 4 Granny Smiths apples, peeled, cored & roughly chopped 65g...
Crème Brûlèe Donuts
Ingredients:Makes 12 donuts Oil, for frying For the Dough: 1 cup lukewarm milk 1 tbsp dried yeast 1/3 cup caster sugar 3 egg yolks 1 tsp vanilla paste 4 tbsp soft butter 4 1/4 cups plain flour For the Custard: 1/2 cup sugar 3 tbsp cornflour 2 cups milk 4 yolks 2 tsps...
Banana Crepes with Banana Caramel
This recipe is brought to you with the help of our friends at Perfection Fresh Ingredients: 200g plain flour 100 caster sugar 200ml milk, full fat 1 whole egg 1 egg yolk 50g butter Icing sugar, for dusting For Bananas: 75g caster sugar 30g butter, salted Banana...