Raw Strawberry SliceLaura Sharrad
- 2 cups (150g) shredded coconut
- 65g freeze-dried strawberries (add extra to serve, chopped)
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 50g, 70% dark chocolate, melted
For the base
- 1 ½ cups almonds
- ¼ cup (25g) raw cacao powder
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Place the shredded coconut in a medium bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 15 minutes to soften.
- To make the base, place the almonds, cacao, coconut oil and maple syrup in a food processor and process for 1 minute or until the mixture comes together. Press into the base and sides of a lightly greased 11.5cm x 34.5cm loose-bottomed fluted tart tin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Drain the coconut and squeeze out any liquid. Place the coconut in a food processor, and add the strawberries, coconut cream, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil. Process, scraping down the sides occasionally, for 2–3 minutes. Spoon into the tart tin and smooth the top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove tart from the tin, drizzle over the melted chocolate and top with the extra strawberry to serve.